DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Great thread although haven't got the time to read 44 pages! I'm waiting for these to come back in stock: Mavic Battery Mod Is this what some of you guys are using? I don't really want to start opening the Mavic up and soldering if I can help it.

Great thread although haven't got the time to read 44 pages! I'm waiting for these to come back in stock: Mavic Battery Mod Is this what some of you guys are using? I don't really want to start opening the Mavic up and soldering if I can help it.
Yes, the clip is a good way to go. My bird is still under warranty so no soldering inside!

whats the best way to contact them
i've tried contacting them 4-5 times in the past 2 weeks , 2 calls 2 emails,2 PM's

Hey MacLak why did you sideline the Boob antenna? Just wondering.
Up to 12km distance i see that HD on the Fpvlr (or rexxuav) boosted is slightly, just slightly better than boosted Nano. With the room i spare in my bag with using nano that is 1 extra battery, filters and small towel (in case i cr@p myself cause i don't make it home...again)+ more handy remote in use. Still plenty of signal to carry on. Same observation made by you?!

Up to 12km distance i see that HD on the Fpvlr (or rexxuav) boosted is slightly, just slightly better than boosted Nano. With the room i spare in my bag with using nano that is 1 extra battery, filters and small towel (in case i cr@p myself cause i don't make it home...again)+ more handy remote in use. Still plenty of signal to carry on. Same observation made by you?!

Yeah pretty much but I do flip between the two. Like right now I'm running the boob but next week I may switch back again.

I said the same thing when I joined. Trust me, take the time and read the entire thread from start to finish (along with the 2 battery mod threads). You will lose an hour or two of your life, but will become a superior individual for it :)

Reactions: digdat0
@JakeMaxxUAV please add to the stock leaderboard
329021c5b8d6090a52455888c793b20f.jpg

nice flight TLS!
hey that flight path looks familiar, looks like where are buddy pheonix has done a dozen ditch landings and dug a few prop holes[emoji41] you must've flown awfully earling in the morn this time of year.

Yeah me and @PhxBird have flown here. When I moved here he showed me this spot. It's still the best place to fly.

I went early 8:00 because it was already 90. I left my car running with the AC, and flew from the passenger window. Lol.

nice flight TLS!
hey that flight path looks familiar, looks like where are buddy pheonix has done a dozen ditch landings and dug a few prop holes[emoji41] you must've flown awfully earling in the morn this time of year.

428455ee7020ca286a699cb9d5be37a9.jpg

This was the same path with my P4. When I look at this I think about how the Mavic has more fly time than my P4... so why didn't I just go for the full 25,000' and come back on Fumes! This flight was nearly all at 31mph and stock expect the DBS antenna which was necessary on the Phantom series!

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
"JakeMaxxUAV, post: 17435, member: 288"]For range & battery life improvements, visit us at Maxx UAV - UAV Long Range Solutions

Ok guys, now that some people are finally getting their Mavic's delivered, people are wondering what kind of range this thing has compared to the P4 & P3. We're looking for the longest distance from home, not the total traveled. If you would like to be added, please post the following:

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Healthydrones.
  • Screenshot of you making it back home
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so I get a notification. Tagging here is just like Twitter, @JakeMaxxUAV
I will keep this list updated. If I miss your post, please send me a PM.

Top 20 Modified
1. CyberNate - 54,236 ft - RexUAV Circular Polarized, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. Unknown Caller - 50,174 ft - Stock, Battery Mod
3. digdat0 - 46,128 ft - Stock, Battery Mod
4. dirtybum - 40,549 ft - Stock, Battery Mod
5. DBS - 37,057 ft - ItElite Atlas - Battery Mod
6. in10s - 45,084 ft - Boosted NanoSync, Battery Mod
7. Phxbird57 - 27,900 ft - Stock, Battery Mod
8. Natedoggz - 26,216 ft - 6dbi Antennas, Battery Mod

Top 20 Stock
1. dirtybum - 27,643 ft - Stock
2. Unknown Caller - 27,578 ft - Stock