DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

To fly far you need no obstacles between the remote and the Mavic. Obstacles like trees reduce the signal. I live in the suburbs but found a few fields where I could fly out and keep the space clear between RC and the Mavic. If I try to fly from my backyard I only get a few thousand feet in most directions and one direction offers gets a little farther.

Thanks for your input, I do have a field by my house but after about 1000 ft distance I lose my line of sight of the Mavic.

Last edited:
1972317d927498fc95d0f54a2e11878c.jpg

17000 FT in PA I had 3-4 bars left returned only because received warning sign of battery only enough for go back home.
You have to get up in the 20+K range ,pretty soon it will be minum of 21K to get on the board Hazleton?you got plenty of places to get some distance runs there.You do any riding there(ATV's)

Thanks for your input, I do have a field by my house but after about 1000 ft distance I lose sight of the Mavic, is that acceptable ?
do you lose site from obstacles or you just cant see it?If you just cant see it and theres nothing between you and the MP your good. alson have to know of any power lines, towers blahblah.I mostly fly the beach so Im good with that

So I know it's not the best choice of locations, but here's my entry.
@JakeMaxxUAV

Bone Stock, Absolutely no wind, aimed for 30mph flat, 250ft alt until signal problems, then 400ft.
Oddly enough the only issues I had were RC link, the HD feed was always 4-5 bars the entire flight. Battery has 4 cycles on it.
8d0399a000d03ccb6247382b403c12f9.png
a6ac9c063e3eb2d622cdebb63bd96f74.png

That's actually a really impressive flight on a stock battery and remote.

Reactions: eljunbo809
Totally stock.

Manual channel set to 10mhz on low interference channel. That's it
Look at the board nick.you see the guy you knock off:rolleyes:?Do you remember his name :rolleyes:?Just remember this,No one remembers ya when you get knocked off the board.And they're always coming for ya:D:D:D

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Look at the board nick.you see the guy you knock off:rolleyes:?Do you remember his name :rolleyes:?Just remember this,No one remembers ya when you get knocked off the board.And they're always coming for ya:D:D:D
Heh, well I dont intend on going much further than that. Even seeing what I have left, that was a little out of my comfort zone.

For range & battery life improvements, visit us at Maxx UAV - UAV Long Range Solutions

Ok guys, now that some people are finally getting their Mavic's delivered, people are wondering what kind of range this thing has compared to the P4 & P3. We're looking for the longest distance from home, not the total traveled. If you would like to be added, please post the following:

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Healthydrones.
  • Screenshot of you making it back home
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so I get a notification. Tagging here is just like Twitter, @JakeMaxxUAV
I will keep this list updated. If I miss your post, please send me a PM.

Top Modified
1 - 54,350 ft - CyberNate - Battery Mod, RexUAV CP, Boosted,
2 - 50,174 ft - Unknown Caller - Battery Mod
3 - 46,213 ft - Japtastic - Battery Mod
4 - 46,128 ft - digdat0 - Battery Mod
5 - 45,084 ft - in10s - Battery Mod, MaxxUAV EvoLite Kit Plus
6 - 43,343 ft - Ed209 - Battery Mod
7 - 42,645 ft - **mick** - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone
8 - 40,549 ft - dirtybum - Battery Mod
9 - 40,160 ft - TheLightSpeed! - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone
10 - 40,011 ft - Maclak - Battery Mod, MaxxUAV EvoLite Kit Plus
11 - 38,275 ft - marcini - Battery Mod, Modified Antenna
12 - 38,057 ft - Gh0stxSinghx - Battery Mod
13 - 37,057 ft - DBS - Battery Mod, ItElite Atlas
14 - 32,808 ft - WillemH - Battery Mod, ItElite Nano Sync
15 - 31,880 ft - beanbubba - Battery Mod
16 - 27,900 ft - Phxbird57 - Battery Mod
17 - 26,216 ft - Natedoggz - Battery Mod, 6dBi Antenna

Top 20 Stock
1 - 27,643 ft - dirtybum
2 - 27,578 ft - Unknown Caller
3 - 26,464 ft - fredz
4 - 26,161 ft - DomoDan
5 - 25,210 ft - Phxbird57
6 - 23,151 ft - Duse
7 - 22,965 ft - Jack
8 - 22,775 ft - PhelipeFleury
9 - 22,604 ft - CyberNate
10 - 22,360 ft - Fanti
11 - 22,134 ft - liberatecuba
12 - 22,097 ft - RAMJET-1
13 - 21,505 ft - TheLightSpeed!
14 - 21,401 ft - Jamison74
15 - 21,345 ft - Jacknet007
16 - 21,217 ft - Cameron1991
17 - 21,059 ft - Ozziebattler
18 - 21,010 ft - armyav8tor
19 - 20,485 ft - nick779
20 - 20,344 ft - darlordtom

@dirtybum uh oh... just smoked you! Lol

Reactions: digdat0
Nice flight....You should've gone a bit further with the battery remaining, so close to my distance
How was the HD signal?

HD was perfect. It was low, but never lost it.

Also, you’ll notice the total distance shows “44k”... why you ask? When I took off it was 100%... I checked the battery to make sure it was powered on. It was, so I went for it. Several thousand feet out, I noticed it was still at 100% which usually means the battery shut off. So I turned back and almost back it dropped to 99%! Lol. Honestly this would have been the best flight ever if I hadn’t done that and just trusted it. I could have easily gone 45,000’ I think... maybe more.

Btw this was with a 5.2 and a 3.0 together!

Also, you’ll notice the total distance shows “44k”... why you ask? When I took off it was 100%... I checked the battery to make sure it was powered on. It was, so I went for it. Several thousand feet out, I noticed it was still at 100% which usually means the battery shut off. So I turned back and almost back it dropped to 99%! Lol. Honestly this would have been the best flight ever if I hadn’t done that and just trusted it. I could have easily gone 45,000’ I think... maybe more.

That's a great combo! Did you hang off the bottom? How did you mount?

great flight man! kicking butt, taking names

That's a great combo! Did you hang off the bottom? How did you mount?

On the top, actually the battery I used only one strip of tape to mount both batteries. I split the tape the 5.2 on one side and the 3.0 on the other side.

I’m finding the chances of the 3M giving up the batteries is not likely.

Reactions: Soft7
Im not there yet but one day I'll get to play with the big boys.These numbers you guy put up are just freaking incredible.ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Im not there yet but one day I'll get to play with the big boys.These numbers you guy put up are just freaking incredible.ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview