DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Updated! Also, wanted to let you guys know that I designed a battery mount. Obviously it's more weight, but very secure way to hold the batteries. I released the design for free on thingiverse, so if you have access to a 3D Printer, it's yours free! DJI Mavic Battery Mount by jjones86
That looks sweet! Too bad i have a top- loader. Hard to get the cabling out of the props if i mount em on the side.

That looks sweet! Too bad i have a top- loader. Hard to get the cabling out of the props if i mount em on the side.
Yeah, I'm in the process of doing the solder method to my mavic so the cables stay below the props.

Reactions: digdat0
@JakeMaxxUAV
I'll put this up for 3 reasons
#1 the stock board hasn't done anything in a while.( Im guessing with the numbers the modded board puts up, no one wants to play with the stock board anymore)
#2 = im going away for a week and dont want to fall below #10Thumbswayup
#3= Im going away for a week and dont want to fall below #10:DIMG_0140.jpg IMG_0132.jpg

@JakeMaxxUAV
I'll put this up for 3 reasons
#1 the stock board hasn't done anything in a while.( Im guessing with the numbers the modded board puts up, no one wants to play with the stock board anymore)
#2 = im going away for a week and dont want to fall below #10Thumbswayup
#3= Im going away for a week and dont want to fall below #10:DView attachment 31593 View attachment 31594
dude thats a heck of a flight!

I am experiencing a little puffiness with the ProTek 3600 Lihv batteries. Is this normal for these batteries or is anyone else experiencing this? I have always balance charged them and they only have about 12 flights on them. All three are puffy.They are only a very little as you can see from the pics.

Puffy1.jpg
Puffy2.jpg

Puffy3.jpg

That looks bad bro. I'm no expert though. What amperage do you charge them at?
I charge them at 1.5amp. They never have gotten hot or even warm when I charge them. I flew them today and they didn't even get warm during flight.

I am experiencing a little puffiness with the ProTek 3600 Lihv batteries. Is this normal for these batteries or is anyone else experiencing this? I have always balance charged them and they only have about 12 flights on them. All three are puffy.They are only a very little as you can see from the pics.

View attachment 31686
View attachment 31687

View attachment 31688

Mine are a little puffy as well, but they still work fine. They hold a little less than what they did new, a bit under 3600mah.

View attachment 31686
View attachment 31687

View attachment 31688
Can't really say for sure but those dont look too puffy to be unsafe for use. If they charge/ discharge well and cell balance holds nicely nothing's up.
I just would keep em in a safebag when not being used away from stuff you want to keep..just to be sure.
I had a batch of turnigys in the past used on a 700 heli and the btards puffed up without abuse or excessive discharge just like that. I kept using em and after that even sold em to a guy who knew his stuff and he used em a while too.
In this Mav subculture we really abuse the batteries if you ask me. Not because of pulling major amps but discharging them too low. LiPo chem simply does not like that.

Reactions: mlash
Mine are a little puffy as well, but they still work fine. They hold a little less than what they did new, a bit under 3600mah.
Yeah, I talked to "amain" and sent them pictures and mesurements at their request. They replied back and said that they were fine.

Reactions: CyberNate

View attachment 31686
View attachment 31687

View attachment 31688

How many times have you run them down below 5%. I compared the 2 batteries I have done my most recent long distance flights I believe I have 10 flights on them and have flown them down to below 5% four times, against 3 new ones and I didn’t notice any real difference. Don’t know if it makes a difference but all my flights with these 2 batteries have been in below 55° weather.

IMG_8935.JPG

IMG_8936.JPG

How many times have you run them down below 5%. I compared the 2 batteries I have done my most recent long distance flights I believe I have 10 flights on them and have flown them down to below 5% four times, against 3 new ones and I didn’t notice any real difference. Don’t know if it makes a difference but all my flights with these 2 batteries have been in below 55° weather.

View attachment 31782

View attachment 31783
Mine really doesn't look any different than yours, I just noticed a very slight puff about them and overreacted:eek: I have since looked at some of the "puffed battery pictures" on the internet and now I see what people are talking about when they say "puffed batteries."

This is Puffy!
73737-puffy.jpg

Reactions: SkyNinja
Yeah, I talked to "amain" and sent them pictures and mesurements at their request. They replied back and said that they were fine.
Well do u run them below 20% of the packs rated capacity? Cuz if so ya cant fault amain! These are not smart lipos that might have reserve like dji batteries. So follow the 80/20 rule. 80 out 80 back in! (Not saying u did fly to 2% just a little friendly advice ;)

My son and I made our longest flight today. It was awesome!!! Made it 27,108 ft!
  • @JakeMaxxUAV
  • No mods on my Mavic. It is bone stock.
  • No tree interference. Entire flight is over sagebrush.

And back home. :)

I didn't have any problems with signal strength at all. The limitation was battery life.

Dude, thats just wrong,all I want is to get to 26k and here you and your kid come with high 27k,,,Fricking show off:p.JK,great runThumbswayup .What speed were you running?
Thats gonna get a couple guys (who shall remain nameless (9/10&11) to go put up 27k numbers and knock me right back to 10:eek:

Reactions: beanbubba and Rnl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman