Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

I am scratching my head here...

I measured the batteries after I recovered them:

Mavic: 4 bars
External1: 0 volts
External2: 10.6 volts
External3: 11.1 volts

Before the flight I charged the externals and did NOT overpack. The mavic battery was brand new and its 2nd flight and charged on the "blue" after market charger port2. Obviously the main battery switched off and started charging at some point. But the remaining battery levels have me puzzled. Any thoughts??
How are your externals wires? The pack at 0v might have a lower resistance connection.

I'd do a voltage drop check on the bench at full throttle. Tape it to a brick and give it full up while measuring voltage of each pack.

Also what voltage were your externals charged to? If it's an issue, I'd charge the stock battery on a stock charger to begin with. You won't gain a lot from a few extra % in the main battery.

Last edited:
I am scratching my head here...

I measured the batteries after I recovered them:

Mavic: 4 bars
External1: 0 volts
External2: 10.6 volts
External3: 11.1 volts

Before the flight I charged the externals and did NOT overpack. The mavic battery was brand new and its 2nd flight and charged on the "blue" after market charger port2. Obviously the main battery switched off and started charging at some point. But the remaining battery levels have me puzzled. Any thoughts??

Is it possible the 0V one is the top one? Maybe that amp powered by the same lead is draining it?

3s uses quite a bit of current when you get up to 1400g. 4s solves all these issues, and can fly comfortably at that weight with less resistive losses throughout the whole system.

Great flight you've maxed out those multi*3000, I think it's time for you to get some bigger batteries and push out even further.[emoji106]
thanks SKYNINJA ,i don t have good batery market in Brazil if someone can send me new good protek i will pay all the cost , i can t get this batery 2x Protek 3600 LiHV only multistar or BOLT 2200mah lihv

thanks SKYNINJA ,i don t have good batery market in Brazil if someone can send me new good protek i will pay all the cost , i can t get this batery 2x Protek 3600 LiHV only multistar or BOLT 2200mah lihv

PM me your info and I’ll check on the cost to ship 2 new ProTek to you. Also don’t be afraid to try different brands of batteries. The Protek batteries were actually bought for a RC truck project I was working on and I figured I’d try them out on the mavic and they ended up working really well. There are several batteries out there’s I’ve been wanting to try but can’t get them shipped to the United States, like the Yuki Kryptonium 7200mAh 3S 11.4HV which is a 50c Battery weighing 461g in a hard case. Once you remove the battery from the hard case it should reduce the weight by 40+ g making it lighter than 2 Protek. There are several batteries out there like this yet to be tested. I found 2 new 4600 mAh lihv batteries I will be testing soon, to hopefully find in alternative to flying with three proteks to reach the distance limit. with out any weight reduction to the mavic.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyNinja

I use 3 proteks on my flight to the limit. 2 proteks is good for about 55,000ft. I like the way 2 proteks fly. 3 proteks, the mavic gets pretty loud.

Reactions: mlash
I use 3 proteks on my flight to the limit. 2 proteks is good for about 55,000ft. I like the way 2 proteks fly. 3 proteks, the mavic gets pretty loud.
I have my 3 proteks and when I get the nerve and and some good wind I will be up there with you guys. I have been out flying with them but haven't made the distance limit yet! Hopefully Soon!

Great run @Th.mayer

I have my 3 proteks and when I get the nerve and and some good wind I will be up there with you guys. I have been out flying with them but haven't made the distance limit yet! Hopefully Soon!

Great run @Th.mayer

Make sure you run low noise platinum props and take the caps off the rear motors for cooling. You'll be good to go.

Reactions: mlash

I have two 4600 mAh 45c lihv batteries I’m going to test. They were in hard cases. I removed The hard cases to reduce the battery wait by 29g each for a total weight of both batteries of 561g. Which puts them around 115g more then two Protek‘s and 105g less then three Proteks. If I’m lucky they may perform as good as the Proteks, I guess time will tell.

IMG_7262.JPG

IMG_7265.JPG

IMG_7268.JPG

Reactions: lolo780
This looks like a potential improvement over the Proteks. Keep us posted.

BTW, has anyone tried to use Litchi to get past the limit yet?

Maybe an improvement maybe not, specs on paper don’t always seem to add up to real world performance[emoji52].

I haven’t heard anyone trying Litchi to get past the limit. May be if we asked nicely Nate will try it, he seems to be able to hit the limit consistently.[emoji4]

Waypoint flying should do it for sure, the only reason I haven't is because it won't count for leaderboard distance.

Waypoint flying should do it for sure, the only reason I haven't is because it won't count for leaderboard distance.

Lolo, you might as will do it, you already hold every Mavic record(distance, speed and i think altitude)[emoji106].

Reactions: lolo780
Well, the leaderboard is dead at this point don't you think? Time for new rules! Actually I think this 3 Protek setup has pushed it far enough. Mavic is under massive load configured like this. Flying tank.
Last time I brought this up some Phantom guys grumbled. [emoji1]

Maybe we can discuss again?

Maybe an improvement maybe not, specs on paper don’t always seem to add up to real world performance[emoji52].

I haven’t heard anyone trying Litchi to get past the limit. May be if we asked nicely Nate will try it, he seems to be able to hit the limit consistently.[emoji4]

It's not an app issue, it's the controller. Lolo already tried using no app at all, just controller and the limit persists.

It's not an app issue, it's the controller. Lolo already tried using no app at all, just controller and the limit persists.

Yes, I know we have determined that it is a controller issue. I believe Zaceshighz is interested in how far you can fly even if the controller disconnects or if the controller will reconnect if you continue to fly father. Just my guess, he can correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes, I know we have determined that it is a controller issue. I believe Zaceshighz is interested in how far you can fly even if the controller disconnects or if the controller will reconnect if you continue to fly father. Just my guess, he can correct me if I’m wrong.
Waypoints will work, but that is done without controller connection. I'd be nervous to give up control that far out.

Waypoints will work, but that is done without controller connection. I'd be nervous to give up control that far out.

Oh I definitely understand, if there’s a chance of losing a bird you at least want to have some type of control of the bird.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure