DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Thanks bro...

Here's my proof of everything with video from this morning...
Pound for Pound - Dollar for Dollar = Best all around drone i've ever flown.
@JakeMaxxUAV

Hey Chuck, nice going! I'm doing the power mod soon just waiting on some materials. What kind of weight are you adding and how does the Mavic perform?

Thanks bro...

Here's my proof of everything with video from this morning...
Pound for Pound - Dollar for Dollar = Best all around drone i've ever flown.
@JakeMaxxUAV

Congratulations! Are you going to be selling that antenna any time soon?
Thank you for your time and dedication!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just curious. If you are going for distance and you won't make it back to your home point is it possible to override the Critical Low battery level warning in an attempt to return however you don't make it and it forces the mavic's battery to die and fall from the sky? Or will the mavic just force a landing?

I would think if you were not going to make it back you would just land somewhere secluded or some flat roof and drive to the location and fly off with remaining power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious. If you are going for distance and you won't make it back to your home point is it possible to override the Critical Low battery level warning in an attempt to return however you don't make it and it forces the mavic's battery to die and fall from the sky? Or will the mavic just force a landing?

I would think if you were not going to make it back you would just land somewhere secluded or some flat roof and drive to the location and fly off with remaining power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Critical battery cannot be overridden but can be set down to 10%.

Reactions: Jazx83
Hi @JakeMaxxUAV

7047.5 meters, or 23122 feet, or 4.38 miles.

Completely stock (no mods), from a hill, over wooded landscape (with hills). Maximum altitude 100 meter. (400 ft)
It was freezing cold (0 °C) and raining. That's why I put the gimbal cap on.
Landed with 5% left after 17:44 minutes flying. That was close :)

This was in CE-mode, so less power than FCC!

lJVmaYQ.png

Hi @JakeMaxxUAV

8075.4 meters, or 26494 feet, or 5.02 miles.

With a battery mod with adapter (3S 3000 mAh), from a hill, over wooded landscape (with hills). Maximum altitude 90 meter. (295 ft)
It was freezing cold (0 °C) and sunny but a little windy.
I had battery to spare after coming back so I flew some more, total distance 18.7 km (11.6 miles) in 22:40 to 8%.

This was still in CE-mode.

cTYAg2y.png

To all the distance police , keep in mind the majority of us do these runs over safe, non residential areas. Also, we don't all live where you do, where you're governed on how far you can go. The point of this thread is to get an idea what kind of range people are getting and to help those who are not getting what they'd like. Not everyone lives in areas with flat landscape or non-interference areas. Long range has been a thing before quadcopters, and they'll be a thing long after. Get over it. The topic has been beaten to death and your comments are a waste. :)

To all the distance nazis, keep in mind the majority of us do these runs over safe, non residential areas. Also, we don't all live where you do, where you're governed on how far you can go. The point of this thread is to get an idea what kind of range people are getting and to help those who are not getting what they'd like. Not everyone lives in areas with flat landscape or non-interference areas. Long range has been a thing before quadcopters, and they'll be a thing long after. Get over it. The topic has been beaten to death and your comments are a waste. :)
I keep bouncing around on this forum every few days to learn more about this product, I kept thinking nobody has been talking about distance, my P3S is just fine for me, when it wants to RTH I look at the screen, look back up, I usually can't see it, then just wait for the buzzard to start buzzing back. :D
Just found this thread today. Thumbswayup
Got to page 2 :(.
Page 3 well that didn't get any better. :rolleyes:
Hum, I'm dun.....

Rod

If you see a problem with a post or thread please report it to the staff with the report button. ;)
I've never noticed that button until now :D ... thanks for info
by the way, don't you know why the links in the signature doesn't work for me? Or are there any user-class requirements?

Ok guys, now that some people are finally getting their Mavic's delivered, people are wondering what kind of range this thing has compared to the P4 & P3. We're looking for the longest distance from home, not the total traveled. If you would like to be added, please post the following:

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Healthydrones.
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so I get a notification. Tagging here is just like Twitter, @JakeMaxxUAV
I will keep this list updated. If I miss your post, please send me a PM. Who wants to get us started?

1. DBS - 30,107 ft - ItElite Prototype Antenna - Battery Mod
2. fredz - 26,464 ft - Stock
3. Fanti - 22,360 ft - Stock
4. lonewolf - 15,837 ft - Stock

@JakeMaxxUAV
can i join this record ?

Last edited:
Can I add my new one from this morning Jake?
As usual info and screenshots included in the video...
37,057 ft ... 7 miles ... 11km.... (sorry I just like saying it over and over... I waited a long time for the proper weather to get this run done)

DBS Atlas GroundStation... 1000mw boosted
1800mAh 3S 20C X2 Battery modded

If these records were from stock mavics it would be a great thread and useful to most. Flying distance with mods means nothing to pretty much everyone here.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Halle923 and Jack
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98