DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

I agree absolutely. Unbelievably, I have a Phantom 3Adv, Phantom 4 and P4P, but I have never tried this distance thing. Since my Mavic Pro is so small, I carry it with me all the time and decided to try this since I was out in the county driving home after checking on some employees this afternoon. After reading many of the posts on this thread, I'm anxious to try again. Thanks for the suggestions!

You're getting good flight time out of that battery at 21 minutes.

What I do, is 31 to 35 mph out, and the same on the way home. If there's wind fly out INTO the wind and use the wind to push back.

These Mavics are built for distance! Good luck.

I tried my first try for a long distance flight today in fairly windy conditions - 15 mph, but I flew the distance so the wind was a cross wind. My set-up is completely stock. I'm not sure on the rules for this board. My max distance is 20,084', but, I ended up with forced due to 10% at 4,882' on return trip. So, does that mean the 4,882 needs subtracted from the total?
I'm anxious to go try again on a calm day.View attachment 19709View attachment 19710
Turn off obstacle avoidance and the Mavic will fly at 32mph instead of 22. You'll cover more distance overall, even if battery lasts a shorter amount of time.

Reactions: Japtastic
Hey guys! I'm still on here. For those of you who don't know, we had a new addition to our family on July 2nd. My daughter came a month earlier than expected (she's doing awesome though!!) Since then, I haven't had as much time as I'd hoped to be able to keep the leaderboard updated. Things are starting to settle down a little so I'm starting to gain some extra time back haha! I will get the leaderboard updated today. I apologize for the delay and thanks for your patience!

Congratulations! Thank you for the Leaderboard updates.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Hey guys! I'm still on here. For those of you who don't know, we had a new addition to our family on July 2nd. My daughter came a month earlier than expected (she's doing awesome though!!) Since then, I haven't had as much time as I'd hoped to be able to keep the leaderboard updated. Things are starting to settle down a little so I'm starting to gain some extra time back haha! I will get the leaderboard updated today. I apologize for the delay and thanks for your patience!

Congrats. My daughter came 2mo early in April. No issues either she was just tired of my wifes womb!

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Turn off obstacle avoidance and the Mavic will fly at 32mph instead of 22. You'll cover more distance overall, even if battery lasts a shorter amount of time.

Good to know how to fly peddle to the metal st 32 mph.

Anyone know of a controled speed/distance battery experiment?
Understand many variables, nevertheless...
I have read sport mode - aprox. 40 mph, RTH mode - aprox. 20 mph and now 32 mph as best way to fly. dji Mavic states 27 min. flight time at 17 mph.
I will ask this question in a thread.

@JakeMaxxUAV thanks CyberNate for the advice. Worked good with GPS and CA off.
65e44530027a706c29c0efe596efc468.jpg

Just taken another flight with OA off. I think 9.5k is on the cards with the 4000mah. Quite a bit windier today. 13.5mph average with 20mph gusts.

max5.JPG

Just taken another flight with OA off. I think 9.5k is on the cards with the 4000mah. Quite a bit windier today. 13.5mph average with 20mph gusts.

View attachment 19758

Wow nice flight man! I would say your right.

I'm starting to think 33mph is too fast. Especially with the extra payload and wind.

I think @CyberNate made a comment about keeping the RPM's below 80%? So depending on the wind the speed doesn't matter.

In the Phantom 4 days 29 to 31mph was the optimal speed versus discharge. I'm starting to think the Mavic is in the same boat.

Reactions: digdat0
Thanks, really enjoyable flight with great scenery all over farm land.

Yeah, little tricky in my flying spots to keep lower than that. I may be able to drop down to 50m rather than an average of 70m.

Will have to experiment with different speeds / RPM's.

The stock RC is so good, 8.5k out and still 3 bars. Far exceeds the factory specs which is unusual, normally the other way round! No need for any RC mod for me at the moment.

What stuck in my head was the flight from @DBS where he says low and slow is the ticket. Need this 5.2ah lihv to arrive now!

Thanks, really enjoyable flight with great scenery all over farm land.

Yeah, little tricky in my flying spots to keep lower than that. I may be able to drop down to 50m rather than an average of 70m.

Will have to experiment with different speeds / RPM's.

The stock RC is so good, 8.5k out and still 3 bars. Far exceeds the factory specs which is unusual, normally the other way round! No need for any RC mod for me at the moment.

What stuck in my head was the flight from @DBS where he says low and slow is the ticket. Need this 5.2ah lihv to arrive now!

I agree for some reason slow and low is the ticket

All updated! Let me know if I missed yours.

Reactions: dirkclod
What's that @JakeMaxxUAV ? Yes, yes this was 100% stock. No battery mods or controller mods. Good question. Thank you sir for asking.
Haha! Didn't I see a flight of yours that reached 25,464 feet? That's what I have on the leaderboard right now. Let me know if that's wrong...

My RTH remaining battery is factory set 30%. On my 16357 ft. distance from home, RTH initiated at 16357 ft. And returned Mavic home with 30% battery remaining. Landed at 26% battery.

My understanding, using battery under 30% shorts battery life or recharge cycles. At $98+ a battery and flying over open water, think I will leave the record setting to others. But hard not to push distance just "a little" more.
"One Toke Over the Line."

Hello @JakeMaxxUAV

Completed a stock Mavic Pro run of 21345ft.

This was from a plateau with a flight that threaded clear LOS between a house and trees and went over lots of suburbs , railroad tracks , river, cell tower, and fields at about 357 ft ALT. 4-5 mph tailwind going out . With same headwind coming back.

I have tried similar runs at this heading and got between 14250 and 17350ft . I think the main reason I did better this time was I kept speed at 30 mph and avoided stops and hovers. 39 mph must be too much drain on the batteries. 6% left on battery on this one cutting it close, but needed a maintenance refresh cycle anyway.
4cd723ca86a26978489e5cfd4c6a6f1e.jpg

a5d5c584dd7fd8bf0d1e65215950833c.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31