DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline Maps and Home Point not setting when not having internet or data connection

conchman

Reactions
I have 2 Mavic Pros and both do not set home point and they give me a black box in the map window, not even the flight track line. This happens when I have no internet or phone data connection, despite having the map downloaded offline. What am I doing wrong? I have updated the Go4 app. I also had gimbal issues and the app froze on last flight without data connection. In addition, it takes a while for the phone to connect to the app. I tried both the small cable and the USB cable. Same results. I never tried turning off wifi or flying in airplane mode, could that make it work somehow? Thanks for any help.

Flying in airplane mode turns off wifi which frees up some processing cycles on your device. What are you using as a display device?

If you shut down the Go4 app after downloading the maps you will lose the maps that you have cached.

If you shut down the Go4 app after downloading the maps you will lose the maps that you have cached.
Thanks for the tip, you would think that's an easy fix for DJI. I will try it. I wonder why I had those other issues during same flight. I flew in Greece a few months ago without wifi/data and got my first app/crash - disconnect.

So I have to keep device turned on and Go4 app running the whole time? Or just not log out/close app?
I think the problem with losing maps is with iDevices. Android devices use the cached maps saved on the device. At least mine does.

I was refering to a ipad mini 4 tablet which has no gps and wifi only to cache maps in the background you just leave the go4 app running in the background to avoid losing the maps before you fly, if you are using a galaxy S9 (android) because it has a built in gps you don't have to cache maps the same way as a ipad with wifi only, but those with a ipad with wifi only version that is how its done, and thats the way I download the maps for the area I'm flying in.

Here one that covers a Android tablet or phone.

Last edited:
I have 2 Mavic Pros and both do not set home point and they give me a black box in the map window, not even the flight track line. This happens when I have no internet or phone data connection/QUOTE]
If you have GPS your Mavic will be recording a home point.
Your recorded flight data would confirm that you have a homepoint recorded.
Does your app display show a distance?
That's the distance from the recorded home point.
Without a home point, you can't have a distance showing.

Phone and/or internet access makes no difference to GPS and recording of the home point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair