DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline Maps Removed For Android in DJI GO4 V4.1.18

Anthony

Reactions
Not sure if people are aware of this.

From DJI Susan ...

As the offline maps service of HERE Maps is unstable, we have temporarily removed this feature from DJI GO v3.1.23 for Android and DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 for Android. We apologize for any inconveniences caused. We will make this feature available in the newer version as soon as possible.

Reactions: chrisprint
My response would of been well just disable here maps and let us use Google maps again

To use offline just go into maps, offline maps and select area required and it works in go 4 app
Screenshot_20171022-135218.png Screenshot_20171125-230052.png Screenshot_20171125-230105.png

My response would of been well just disable here maps and let us use Google maps again

To use offline just go into maps, offline maps and select area required and it works in go 4 app

That only works for people in parts of the world/countries where Googles license allows offline map downloading. Large numbers of places to not allow offline google maps to be downloaded so it wont help here.

View attachment 25565 View attachment 25566 View attachment 25567
Just to clarify, in Android if I download the offline maps for an area in Google Maps and save them, they will work in a pre-4.1.18 version of DJI Go 4? Wish that worked in IOS, I had hoped that it would work but it doesn't...

You're probably right @Anthony and in all honesty, unless DJI offer some new killer feature I probably won't update it past this point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs