DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ok I give up... Almost!.. Lost drone

KIGR

Reactions
Well it finally happened... My Mavic Pro fell out of the Sky after about 45 seconds of flight. It would be nice to know what happened but more importantly, I'd like to be able to find it! I've spent hours searching in the area as shown in the screen shot and beyond to no avail.

The flight was only going a short one to take a photo of the area I took off from. I was part way thru a right hand turn when it all went to crap. I had visuals on the drone during descent.

I'd appreciate it if anyone is able decipher the flight log with anymore info.

Thanks in anticipation...

I've downloaded the Data Log (attached).

Attachments

• 2019-07-21_15-46-01_v2log.zip
    40.7 KB · Views: 39
I've downloaded the Data Log (attached).
It would be a lot easier to make sense of this with the .txt file from your phone or tablet.
Well it finally happened... My Mavic Pro fell out of the Sky after about 45 seconds of flight. It would be nice to know what happened but more importantly, I'd like to be able to find it! I've spent hours searching in the area as shown in the screen shot and beyond to no avail.
Here's what I can make from the file you supplied.
It looks like you launched with a partially discharged battery that was indicating 56%.
The % indication is only accurate when you start with a fully charged battery, otherwise it gives a false reading.
The voltage was quite low at the start and fell below critical low voltage (3.3V per cell) in five seconds but you pushed it up to 167 feet, totally draining the battery and the drone fell tumbling from 45.5 seconds
The data indicates a crash location close to -35.87955 137.29745.

It would be a lot easier to make sense of this with the .txt file from your phone or tablet.
Here's the uploaded Litchi flight log:

I'd appreciate it if anyone is able decipher the flight log with anymore info
It looks like you lost a prop mid-flight.

I'd like to be able to find it! I've spent hours searching in the area as shown in the screen shot and beyond to no avail.
Plug -35.879549, 137.297447 into the map app on your mobile phone and start searching in that location.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
That explains why it didn't just fall from the sky, dead.
But if the prop wasn't lost at 45 secs, the critically low battery level would have caused the motors to stop soon after.
It looks like this flight was doomed before it got off the ground.

Thanks for the responses and input.., Well after about 12 hours in total looking for a needle in a hay stack and just when I was going to call it a day, I eventually almost accidently found it almost exactly where it said it would be! Very frustrating but glad I found it.

How many props were attached when you found it?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

Here's what I can make from the file you supplied.
It looks like you launched with a partially discharged battery that was indicating 56%.
The % indication is only accurate when you start with a fully charged battery, otherwise it gives a false reading.
The voltage was quite low at the start and fell below critical low voltage (3.3V per cell) in five seconds but you pushed it up to 167 feet, totally draining the battery and the drone fell tumbling from 45.5 seconds
The data indicates a crash location close to -35.87955 137.29745.

Thank you Meta4, You were pretty spot on with your crash location.

I know it was pretty stupid taking off with low batteries but it was only going to be a 90 sec flight... This is the last screen shot as the drone disconnected showing battery at 50%. I couldn't find the battery around the crash site.

I wont be doing that again!

Here's the uploaded Litchi flight log:

Plug -35.879549, 137.297447 into the map app on your mobile phone and start searching in that location.
Thanks msinger,
Yes, I did input the Lat and Long in the Maps app on my phone but it still took me 12 hours to find it and in the end I was surprised at how accurate the data was. If i was more trusting I could have saved a lot of time concentrating in a tighter search area.

Only one of the props was intact post crash however all the other props were either partially broken or completely broken off. Al the bayonet fittings for the props were still attached.

I replaced the ribbon and the gimbal was working ok but with a camera sensor error resulting in no video image.

I’m waiting on a new video cable and ribbon to attempt a repair of the camera.

I second prop theory. Maybe Litchi doesnt give prop warnings?

As long as theres a single electron, postitron still firing away in the battery, M1P stay up.

The only way loosing a prop could come into play would be if there was a catastrophic failure via an impact of some sort and there was nothing around that I could see to do that although I didn’t have eyes on the mp at the time of failure. I only caught sight of it during its descent. It could be possible it was a bird strike.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78