DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ok to remove protective film from top of gimbal?

I can’t believe the amount of bandwidth wasted on this issue, just remove those stupid sticker and go fly your Mavic it will be at least one mile an hour faster with the weight saved

Reactions: joejaxvic123
I can’t believe the amount of bandwidth wasted on this issue, just remove those stupid sticker and go fly your Mavic it will be at least one mile an hour faster with the weight saved

YES! I knew there was as reason my Mavic Pro felt faster today. UNQUESTIONABLE proof that removing the sticker was the right thing to do!

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
i've had my Mavic for over a year, and couldnt even remember a sticker, i went to check and i dont have one there, but i did notice a slight scratch on the top, where that plastic would have been, but as of today i have had no issue with my camera or gimbal due to any rubbing that top portion maybe doing. I would say take it off before it eventually loosen and gets stuck in the vents behind it and possibly melt and create some type of internal damage, hahahaha, i know, i am going overboard, but i think thats the worse case scenario for leaving it on or off

I agree with the earlier post. That sticker is stuck WAY better than all the other ones were. I started to remove it, but I felt like it was going to pull the gimball off. SO I left it on. NO problems.

Reactions: Former Member
i've had my Mavic for over a year, and couldnt even remember a sticker, i went to check and i dont have one there, but i did notice a slight scratch on the top, where that plastic would have been, but as of today i have had no issue with my camera or gimbal due to any rubbing that top portion maybe doing. I would say take it off before it eventually loosen and gets stuck in the vents behind it and possibly melt and create some type of internal damage, hahahaha, i know, i am going overboard, but i think thats the worse case scenario for leaving it on or off

The vents in the fan grill are so tiny that it would be hard for a piece of plastic to find its way through. Howeveer, I have found all kinds of interesting things inside of Mavics that got sucked through the grill. Dog and cat hair and thin blades of grass mostly.

@Cut.Aussie Im sorry for more wasted bandwidth. I cant help continuing to reply to this thread.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
In the old days my car and those of my mates definitely went faster the more stickers and labels we put on. I suppose this is different with drones?

Are that’s the automotive conundrum, the more stickers and speed stripes the faster the car goes in the drivers mind

Rob, where can I get one of those yaw motor covers, mine is scratched ?

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs