DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old Gartloch mental hospital near Glasgow in Scotland

Very good shots. I'm not a purist so I thought the very beginning gave it a bit of 'atmosphere' especially when you consider what the building was once. Thanks for sharing.

Interesting subject.

Perhaps a bit too long though, particularly with no backing soundtrack.

Would have enjoyed more close ups of the architecture. As you said, lot of glare: did you fly with the protective cover over the camera?

Good first effort,

ianc

Very impressive! Some cuts and a good soundtrack may make this video a little great movie! Congrats! Can I ask you a question? Are all those buildings in the complex of the mental hospital? Or the first was a church? I’m very curious!
Great video!
Ciao!

for me the shots with the sun behind you were very good, never shoot into the sun even with filters you will not get a decent shot and may bugger your camera. (burns the chip). A great place to come back to but be careful near the building as its in very poor condition with those balconies on the tower due to fall down soon! I am an experienced amateur photographer who is now branching into drones for photography.

Reactions: DJi Ross
Very very bright and cold day yesterday,no filters for the drone so a lot of sun glare.
Great footage, especially on your second go! Loving the architecture, go a bit closer if you dare to show more detail and keep the panning slightly slower to avoid giving migraines! If you go into the app settings you can slow the response speeds down to improve the footage.
Nice work though, I doubt I'll ever be in the area but wouldn't mind having a stab at that one myself!

Very impressive! Some cuts and a good soundtrack may make this video a little great movie! Congrats! Can I ask you a question? Are all those buildings in the complex of the mental hospital? Or the first was a church? I’m very curious!
Great video!
Ciao!

As far as I know they were all a part of the asylum complex.

Interesting subject.

Perhaps a bit too long though, particularly with no backing soundtrack.

Would have enjoyed more close ups of the architecture. As you said, lot of glare: did you fly with the protective cover over the camera?

Good first effort,

ianc

Cover off Ian.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Muggs