DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old Geezers vs JOoD

Ken K

Reactions
It has been said, in another forum, that Old Geezers are out of touch with 21st century information dissemination whereas the Just Out of Diapers crowd has fully embraced new technology re info gathering (ie Manuals vs YouTube).
Or something like that. :)

Any comments?

Oh yeah, and lets keep this a good natured thread. :) :)

IMHO, you should read the manual first and use the Internet second. The DJI manuals highlight the most important information needed for safe flying and YouTube is invaluable for more in-depth information. Just keep in mind that anyone can post a video so you need to use your best judgment before following a recommendation. What comes to mind were the videos about drilling iPhones to restore the headphone jack. A lot of folks ruined their phones after watching those.

Reactions: Former Member
Just quickly: I didn't mean it like that. I think I broke it down on the old thread pretty well just now.

It doesn't matter how old you are, or how you research your field, as long as you do the research. Drones have historically been so complicated that they were a "research only" community. People that aren't inclined to teach themselves new things could never even approach the hobby.

DJI has now made it so easy that the old guard, (us) is being inundated with people that don't have that personality type; the kind of people that get a new drone out and just fly it out of site. These are the people that don't read. The manual, or much of anything else statically.

You don't seem hurt, but I'll say anyway that I didn't mean to offend. I have a proper respect for my elders and the knowledge the've accrued through experience.

Learning is like faith. It doesn't matter how you learn, only that you seek to

Ya said what.gif

It has been said, in another forum, that Old Geezers are out of touch with 21st century information dissemination whereas the Just Out of Diapers crowd has fully embraced new technology re info gathering (ie Manuals vs YouTube).
Or something like that. :)

Any comments?

Oh yeah, and lets keep this a good natured thread. :) :)
Myself and three mates (all over 60) building and flying FPV racing drones.
We are also building wings and programming with gps, FPV, RTH, loiter. All working and refining.
Never too old and every days a school day are our mottos.

Depends on how you define old, but she isn't really an excuse anymore.

I'm in my mid 50s. The internet has been mainstream for more than 20 years now, since I was in my mid 30s. Technology of one kind or another has been a part of most workplaces for quite awhile, too.

People don't have to make technology a big part of their lives if they don't want to, but they do themselves a disservice if they don't at least keep themselves familiar with what's out there.

Reactions: colinfowler
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard