DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old man fun

Agree! At 85 yrs of age it has been excellent mental exercise learning all the techniques for manual flying. I rarely use the auto controls.
I'm just a rookie in your eyes, but I love my drone hobby just as much.???

Reactions: ehje
You know the old saying, right?
"He who has the most toys when they die, wins!!"

Since you just got your new "toy", clearly you have a long way to go ... so I bet you will live a long and happy life!!

Reactions: Classic flyer
I ED, welcome to the forum Fromm Chicago the Windy City.
Great fun, I just turned 75, and fly at lease once a week.
When you have questions Ed, do a search function upper right hand corner.
For example Flyaways, you will all the different ways pilots lose their Bird.
And, I Love New York, been to your City at least 5 times.

Reactions: old man mavic
Well, I've now sampled the world of rc model flying. It should be fun, but it wasnt. Getting information how to set things up was a nightmare. Often advised by retailers to Google it. The book for the airframe was for a different plane. Radio hand book tells you what things are, but not what they do. AND the reciever disinformation leaflet was a criminal waste of a good tree.

Still, I have my trusty Mavic 2, and these forums. I know all the devil worshipers at the BMFA will say I've got it all wrong, but I say, to stay on the path of righteousness, Fly a drone.

Amen.

;-)

• Haha
Reactions: Barbara
2 sons through private school and university and financially independent I can now afford to spoil myself a bit .I fly fixed-wing models, I have a home built FPV drone and fishing drone, and in the middle of last year I got my MA2.

How do a fishing drone work? Is this just bait delivery at longer than casting range or is the drone effectively the fishing rod? If the latter, what happens if you hook that 40# catfish that is just lurking around?

How do a fishing drone work? Is this just bait delivery at longer than casting range or is the drone effectively the fishing rod? If the latter, what happens if you hook that 40# catfish that is just lurking around?
Wrong thread, but yeah....it's a drop bait rig or sometimes for observation ...you would never want to stay attached. ;)

Reactions: Fat Pappy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis