DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old mavic

Different pitch for sure

Agreed. Even if the actual dB isn't much different the pitch change can be a factor of the perception of the noise being annoying or not. As for the noise of the props there doesn't seem to be any downside, and in the eyes of most (including me) only an upside.

I'm still on the fence making sure it doesn't cause any motor issues. I doubt it will, I am trusting DJI to have tested this out, but still not quite ready to commit!

Spring - thanks for the video!

Agreed. Even if the actual dB isn't much different the pitch change can be a factor of the perception of the noise being annoying or not. As for the noise of the props there doesn't seem to be any downside, and in the eyes of most (including me) only an upside.

I'm still on the fence making sure it doesn't cause any motor issues. I doubt it will, I am trusting DJI to have tested this out, but still not quite ready to commit!

Spring - thanks for the video!

I have a set on the way,. I’ll weigh in as soon as I do some tests.

Good Lord man I've had one of my props fly off because they weren't put on right and you did that at eye level with your kids .
What were you thinking .If your kids had not been in that it would have been a good video . Guy's be safe with these things.
Sorry op I had to say it .

Thanks for the comparison spring. Although since microphones and speakers are subjective to the device, I noted a pitch change, but levels were still just as loud on both tests. Unless they add flight time, I don't see the point of the "upgrade". [emoji106]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: warlock 31
Good Lord man I've had one of my props fly off because they weren't put on right and you did that at eye level with your kids .
What were you thinking .If your kids had not been in that it would have been a good video . Guy's be safe with these things.

While these may be considered a toy by some, safety is serious business.

This could be the result as this poor child had it happen to him in a park completely by accident - Toddler's eye sliced in half by drone

_86896791_oscar-and-mum-amy.jpg

As far as the props go, if & when I need to buy a set I will. They seem a slight bit quieter but not so much I need to spend $20+ for just yet when I have several spares already.

Reactions: dirkclod

Dirkclod you are absolutely correct.. Would anyone put their face that close to a weed whacker? Let alone their kids face.. Probably not. C'mon @spring that was not smart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to pile on the safety-wagon here, but have you ever watched a teenager drive a car who has never had an accident?

It's easy to tell, because of the casual, over-confidence they have. When I was watched this video, the first thing I thought was, "This guy obviously never lost GPS signal before." When it happens, it happens fast, and your drone can immediately shoot across the room or field. It happened to me once outside, luckily. (I always fly outdoors)

I was only a few feet off the ground - and suddenly my mavic went from 17 Sats to 7 Sats and immediately started flying sideways across the field on its' own. After that experience, I never fly close to people, except myself, and I always keep it above my head until it's launched or caught. Indoors, GPS signal is usually spotty-to-weak at best.

Gruesome picture TJ, but probably a good reminder that we are trusting DJI's technology (scary right?) with 4 flying plastic 10,000 RPM buzz-saws around our friends and families and get so accustomed to it we forget the risks.