DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OMG Help!

SpinRush

Reactions
I can't seem to link anything. I'm not even sure if the controller is connected to the Iphone. I have the DJI GO 4 app. I'm pretty sure it's firmly connected. I'm just trying to get the linking done and after that the firmware updates. Fresh out the box here.

Which drone? if its new out of the box, it should have been linked at the factory.
OKay I managed to get the link process done. I downloaded an Air Safety update. Now I'm looking firmware update. I think it's going well. I spilled a cup of coffee on my desk. I'm too nervous. Everything is stationary now.

Reactions: MavProPlat1968
I can't seem to link anything. I'm not even sure if the controller is connected to the Iphone. I have the DJI GO 4 app. I'm pretty sure it's firmly connected. I'm just trying to get the linking done and after that the firmware updates. Fresh out the box here.
did you happen to turn everything on? I found it very difficult the first time to turn DJI stuff on as it wasn't very clear. If weren't sure it was on, you would know because the remote will show connecting. If it wasn't on push the power button twice in quick succession and on the second time hold it down until you get a 3 tone chime.

Reactions: NAVMAV
Thanks for the help guys. My stress level has gone now. I cleaned up the spilled coffee from my desk but it still kinda smells. I did EVERYTHING the app told me to do. Now, I'm at the last of two snags.

1: I have only 48 hours to purchase the "Safety Insurance plan". Problem there - The app thinks I'm in the United States so I can't even enter my address.

2: I got a 64gb micro SD card. I'm trying to insert it with the gold leads up. Can't get it to click in.

It's going to work though. I can figure this out. I know I can, I know I can x10 and still counting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WAXMAN
Read the book about binding. There is a button where the ad card goes that's necessary for binding.

Read the book about binding. There is a button where the ad card goes that's necessary for binding.
Agree with this initial set up situation. I recently received a new or refurbished MPP from DJI after sending DJI my broken MPP after it crashed. I needed to press the bind button next to the SD card slot to get the drone to connect to the controller and DJI GO 4 APP. At first I did not realize I was starting over at square one. But once I figured that out, everything connected just fine.

Again guys, thanks for the help. I managed to power up the units and update the firmware.

I’ll go to Phase 2 this weekend - Preflight checklists and settings.

I’m hoping I can get airborne by Sunday. Sunday I will be in the mountain areas near a lake away from the rest of the world.

I love this Mavic Air though. This ain’t no toy, that’s for sure.

Reactions: Trollistika
Again guys, thanks for the help. I managed to power up the units and update the firmware.

I’ll go to Phase 2 this weekend - Preflight checklists and settings.

I’m hoping I can get airborne by Sunday. Sunday I will be in the mountain areas near a lake away from the rest of the world.

I love this Mavic Air though. This ain’t no toy, that’s for sure.
Good luck flying. Going to get my first flight too very soon. Maybe today. Will see the weather up in the hills away from ALL humans.

Good luck guys on your first flights.

Be patient while hooking up to satalites you need at least 6
And never fly with less the 20%
Battery
Becareful these machine lull the into a sense being better operator then you actually are
And if your in the states
When you crash.... We know a guy
Whom is Good. Affordable. &
Quick turnaround
@ThunderDrone
....cR

Good luck guys on your first flights.

Be patient while hooking up to satalites you need at least 6
And never fly with less the 20%
Battery
Becareful these machine lull the into a sense being better operator then you actually are
And if your in the states
When you crash.... We know a guy
Whom is Good. Affordable. &
Quick turnaround
@ThunderDrone
....cR
Thanks for the tips! Will consider him if I crash!

OK guys I have edited a few post and removed a few that were inappropriate or political .
You guys are better than that and surely have read our guidelines .
This can stay open as long as it stays civil and on topic or it will just be closed .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito