DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On/Off button not working....

Djsparxxx

Reactions
Any of you have this same problem. My MM2 is only 8 months old, and the power on/off button no longer works. Flew the bird in the morning. Went to a different location that same morning to fly again, and the on/off button wouldn't work. DJI can't even go a year without something going defective. Seriously considering moving on from DJI and trying Skydio for my next drone.

Do you get any lights beside the button with just a single press?
Sorry but it needs to be ask, are you doing the single short press, release and quickly press and hold the button thing?

Any of you have this same problem. My MM2 is only 8 months old, and the power on/off button no longer works. Flew the bird in the morning. Went to a different location that same morning to fly again, and the on/off button wouldn't work. DJI can't even go a year without something going defective. Seriously considering moving on from DJI and trying Skydio for my next drone.
DJI provides plenty of quality for the money but there is always going to be a few lemons, you may have to send the Mini 2 in for warranty but I wouldn't give up on it. I love my Skydio but it is a totally different bird. Coming from a Mini 2 you would be disappointed by the range.... I can get just over 1000ft away. I use my DJI drones for my footage up high and the Skydio for working down low where it is exceptional at avoiding things that get in its way.

Reactions: MA2 317
Do you get any lights beside the button with just a single press?
Sorry but it needs to be ask, are you doing the single short press, release and quickly press and hold the button thing?
I've tried every possible pressing method, but no lights at all. I actually popped open the undercarriage cover with my fingers since there are no screws involved, and saw the cylindrical button that the plastic prong clicks on. I pressed that too in the same fashion, but no success.

I've tried every possible pressing method, but no lights at all. I actually popped open the undercarriage cover with my fingers since there are no screws involved, and saw the cylindrical button that the plastic prong clicks on. I pressed that too in the same fashion, but no success.
Have you tried making sure there is no dust/obstruction with the battery connectors? I'm not familiar with the Mini 2 but that could be the issue.

Yes.
Apparently, this is a documented issue. When I search online, there are youtube videos on how to try to fix the on/off button yourself. Key word is "try."
Just checking the obvious (and low-cost) possibilities first.

There's a reason tech support always starts with the obvious questions… :)

I can't make the blanket statement " DJI can't even go a year without something going defective." I've had no issues with their equipment, ever, especially compared to competition. However, I have noticed with the MM2 that the speed in which I do the "double click" to turn on or off needs to be somewhat slower than with previous drones. It seems to be sensitive to hold on the second click just a bit longer. Try some variance with your double clicks.

I would assume you are looking at a return then, hopefully they wont be bothered about you removing th bottom cover

DJI usually replaces remotes at a reasonable price. Often less than $100 so I’ve gone that route rather than ‘try’ fixing myself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00