DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One month old mavic pro with gimbal issues

Kiwiscanfly

Reactions
G'day
Yes another post regarding a mavic pro with zero crashes in the month I've had the drone .
I have been very careful with it from day one especially the gimbal .
The gimbal cannot be calibrated at all in any environment with sunny conditions and no instructions .
The gimbal is causing the app to give the warning that there is a possibility of an obstruction with the gimbal .
Sometimes one of the gimbal motors feels hot due to a likely lock up .
Randomly the gimbal will still work in flight and the forward and lower function of the gimbal seems normal .
I tried many suggestions posted in previous threads and my last attempt which was a firmware down grade made no difference .
My prognosis is it is a defective gimbal .
As I'm on an 8 week holiday away from Australia it gives me the ***** that it's likely I won't be able to do any filming until it's fixed.
I submitted a report to DJI five days ago but have had no response as yet .

I just wanted to speak up and let you guys know yet another mavic pro has gimbal issues .

Thanks

Mike

My prognosis is it is a defective gimbal .

That would be my prognosis as well. Gimbal obstructed means that one or more of the gimbal motors are seizing up. With the power off, try rotating each of the motors by hand to their full axis, and feel for freedom of movement and any debris.

Have you been near sand or landed on dirt? That might be the cause.

That would be my prognosis as well. Gimbal obstructed means that one or more of the gimbal motors are seizing up. With the power off, try rotating each of the motors by hand to their full axis, and feel for freedom of movement and any debris.

Have you been near sand or landed on dirt? That might be the cause.
I have been near dirt but the action of the gimbal in all directions feels has know noticeable friction or obstruction .

Here's a video of the start up

Having had a good think about it the gimbal must have had issues from the start .
With the drone turned on the camera would only stay in the firwsrd position or if controlling it on the remote give also the direct view downwards.
It would not operate as it should if the drone was tilted in any direction .
Would a damaged cable give this symptom along with the obstructed gimbal message ?
I still having heard back from Dji