DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 One year after the 2021 forest fires in British Columbia, a short flyover with Mini 2.

DMD Cine Attic

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com

So we went looking for that abandoned church in West Pavilion Rd. area my friends told me about, kids were super excited and have been pestering me about it for quite some time. Our hunt was unsuccessful, I soon realized that the church most likely burned out in the BC fires of 2021. We got to the area quite late and it became clear that to find the church was not going to be an easy task with the little information I had. Moreover, I was fascinated by the unearthly landscape, flying the drone over the burnt trees felt like combing the scalp of Smeagol\Gollum (Lord of the Rings). There is something fascinating in this fire destruction, I found it very scenic, it was great to see that life is quickly coming back. My kids were not as enthusiastic to say the least, I spent a bit of time researching and it looks like that the church might have survived the fires, this shall continue !!!

So we went looking for that abandoned church in West Pavilion Rd. area my friends told me about, kids were super excited and have been pestering me about it for quite some time. Our hunt was unsuccessful, I soon realized that the church most likely burned out in the BC fires of 2021. We got to the area quite late and it became clear that to find the church was not going to be an easy task with the little information I had. Moreover, I was fascinated by the unearthly landscape, flying the drone over the burnt trees felt like combing the scalp of Smeagol\Gollum (Lord of the Rings). There is something fascinating in this fire destruction, I found it very scenic, it was great to see that life is quickly coming back. My kids were not as enthusiastic to say the least, I spent a bit of time researching and it looks like that the church might have survived the fires, this shall continue !!!
So sad to see so much of our beautiful Province burned up. The fires seem to get worse.

Well done video of a very somber situation indeed….

Reactions: DMD Cine Attic
So sad to see so much of our beautiful Province burned up. The fires seem to get worse.
They do unfortunately, I should have named it "In between fires" really.

My childhood city was prone to bushfires, so those scenes were all too familar to me. Heartbreaking.
But it was really well filmed, thanks for documenting it so well.

My childhood city was prone to bushfires, so those scenes were all too familar to me. Heartbreaking.
But it was really well filmed, thanks for documenting it so well.
Thank you, These forest fires seem to be gaining on momentum unfortunately ...

Reactions: monchan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme