DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ongoing Weirdness

dvarapala

Reactions
So after the events recounted in this thread I've had a couple more odd occurrences, both on the same day. I was flying at a new location (i.e. different than the one from my previous post) and had a couple strange things happen.

Strange Occurrence #1: Shortly after starting to fly, the Go 4 app disconnected from my remote controller (I could still control the MPP with the controller, so the link to the aircraft was still good; only the communication between the controller and the app was affected). After landing the MPP I tried restarting the app a couple times but it still wouldn't connect. Finally I cycled power on the remote controller itself and then the app reconnected and I was able to fly again.

Strange Occurrence #2: A few minutes later, while flying about 50' away with the camera pointed straight down, I noticed the gimbal suddenly started wigging out; I found out later that the video recording was stopped at that same moment. The gimbal seemed to be going through its little power-on routine in mid-flight.

Since that day I have been back to that same flying field twice more with no issues. :confused:

Also, I did go back to the original location where I was experiencing the connection loss issues I reported in my previous post. I brought a portable 2.4GHz spectrum analyzer with me to test my theory that the irrigation controllers were generating some sort of interference, but the spectrum analyzer saw nothing unusual - not even WiFi activity (there are no houses in that area yet). I have yet to attempt flying there again, however.

So now I'm completely baffled. o_O

Anyway, I'm going to continue gathering data in hopes of solving this mystery. :D

So after the events recounted in this thread I've had a couple more odd occurrences, both on the same day. I was flying at a new location (i.e. different than the one from my previous post) and had a couple strange things happen.

Strange Occurrence #1: Shortly after starting to fly, the Go 4 app disconnected from my remote controller (I could still control the MPP with the controller, so the link to the aircraft was still good; only the communication between the controller and the app was affected). After landing the MPP I tried restarting the app a couple times but it still wouldn't connect. Finally I cycled power on the remote controller itself and then the app reconnected and I was able to fly again.

Strange Occurrence #2: A few minutes later, while flying about 50' away with the camera pointed straight down, I noticed the gimbal suddenly started wigging out; I found out later that the video recording was stopped at that same moment. The gimbal seemed to be going through its little power-on routine in mid-flight.

Since that day I have been back to that same flying field twice more with no issues. :confused:

Also, I did go back to the original location where I was experiencing the connection loss issues I reported in my previous post. I brought a portable 2.4GHz spectrum analyzer with me to test my theory that the irrigation controllers were generating some sort of interference, but the spectrum analyzer saw nothing unusual - not even WiFi activity (there are no houses in that area yet). I have yet to attempt flying there again, however.

So now I'm completely baffled. o_O

Anyway, I'm going to continue gathering data in hopes of solving this mystery. :D

I don’t know if this could be a issue where you are but apparently Charter is getting ready to tap into a 3.5 GHZ network the military uses for internet access it was reserved for the government until recently they are going to sell Wireless Broadband “Charter is currently testing in the 3.5 GHz Band in rural communities” maybe it’s affecting you? Here’s a link with a map http://stopthecap.com/2018/02/12/c...-new-mobile-rural-wireless-broadband-service/

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000