DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OpenDroneID OSM is working now

R

rcanboy27

I just downloaded OpenDroneID OSM from the Google Store and tested the Mini 3 Pro, Air 2s, and Mavic 3, and all of them showed up on the app at the same time with all FAA required information. The app is working folks. I tested them inside my office with the engines fired up sitting on the ground.

Reactions: Reid937
I installed it last night, too. The only test was inside, this morning. The motors do have to be running, but not flying. When you test yours, do it at 400" AGL and maybe at a couple lower. I am going to test mine again today at different altitudes.

I installed it last night, too. The only test was inside, this morning. The motors do have to be running, but not flying. When you test yours, do it at 400" AGL and maybe at a couple lower. I am going to test mine again today at different altitudes.
I just came back from doing a test with my Mini 3 Pro. I used my phone and my tablet. I tested a different altitude, including 400ft. It works, but if goes in an out and it has lots of delay time in between readings, but it does gives you all the information you need. It needs and update big time.

Are you going to test it in the field also?
I just came back from doing a test with my Mini 3 Pro. I used my phone and my tablet. I tested a different altitude, including 400ft. It works, but if goes in an out and it has lots of delay time in between readings, but it does gives you all the information you need. It needs and update big time.

I found the update rate to be very slow also. If I got more than a couple hundred feet away it lost contact and couldn't reacquire. This might be why DJI rolled out RID so early, to help work out the bugs before next September.

I found the update rate to be very slow also. If I got more than a couple hundred feet away it lost contact and couldn't reacquire. This might be why DJI rolled out RID so early, to help work out the bugs before next September.
When I went to 400 feet, it took less time to update the readings and they were steadier. I tried to look for an update, but I couldn't find one. This is the only working app as far as I know, drone scanner still not working.

Folks are complaining about the module, but if you think about it, it is better to have a module, their location won't be compromised because it will not show on the RID, just the drone information.
  • Operate a drone with a remote ID broadcast module (PDF). A broadcast module is a device that broadcasts identification and location information about the drone and its take-off location in accordance with the remote ID rule's requirements. The broadcast module can be added to a drone to retrofit it with remote ID capability. Persons operating a drone with a remote ID broadcast module must be able to see their drone at all times during flight.

Folks are complaining about the module, but if you think about it, it is better to have a module, their location won't be compromised because it will not show on the RID, just the drone information.
  • Operate a drone with a remote ID broadcast module (PDF). A broadcast module is a device that broadcasts identification and location information about the drone and its take-off location in accordance with the remote ID rule's requirements. The broadcast module can be added to a drone to retrofit it with remote ID capability. Persons operating a drone with a remote ID broadcast module must be able to see their drone at all times during flight.
But there will be more restrictions on the drones with a module. Part 107 here I come. Early next year.

Has anyone been able to get this working like it does in this video?

youtube.com/watch?v=utz6ymcEzUI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming