DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opening the Mavic Pro Plat

gdlmus

Reactions
Hi,
There are a bunch of videos out there that help opening the MP.
But the MPP has a little difference and problem. The top hood front side is blocked by ??? that cannot be accessed and even seen.
Has anyone a trick to completely remove the top hood of MPP.
Thanks, regards.
-= Guy =-

There are two clips underneath the hood in the very front. I assume you also removed all 6 screws from the front underside (two of these are underneath the small external plastic covers) as well as the screws inside the battery compartment (on top).

There are two clips underneath the hood in the very front. I assume you also removed all 6 screws from the front underside (two of these are underneath the small external plastic covers) as well as the screws inside the battery compartment (on top).

Thanks, I'll have a look and may be come back with a picture.

I thought it was the same as the original, 10 screws, disconnect cable at back, bit of force separating front

I thought it was the same as the original, 10 screws, disconnect cable at back, bit of force separating front
Hi Haloweenhamster,
I also, there are the ten screws. It's after it is getting more complicated on my bird. All clips from the back come out OK but there is a sneeky one in front not willing to come.
I am afraid that if I force too much that i'll break something. I have already forced quite a bit...

On that front edge there are several clips and do require a lot of force the first time to separate

you obviously don't want to pivot it to much as you may break the clips, from memory I lift it from the side of the front and work across the front to release the clips

By the way, if you are opening to add an SD card, be forewarned that is extremely delicate work. There are several super thin metal prongs that can easily be bent or broken with an accidental twitch. Use magnification and excellent lighting. To remove the glue blocking the socket, it is good to have a little scalpel (super sharp) and heat it so when you slice through a layer of glue it takes very little force to cut through like butter.

By the way, if you are opening to add an SD card, be forewarned that is extremely delicate work. There are several super thin metal prongs that can easily be bent or broken with an accidental twitch. Use magnification and excellent lighting. To remove the glue blocking the socket, it is good to have a little scalpel (super sharp) and heat it so when you slice through a layer of glue it takes very little force to cut through like butter.

Thanks also for that info.
I am afraid that it is what happened as I am now getting on the RC a Sys err/Verify app message. I will have a close eye using all your suggestions. If successful I will report here.

I also saw several different error messages during my journey to drone freedom, so don't worry much about those. They can be caused by all sorts of things...many go away by just power cycling the drone and RC and restarting the GO app. The SD card you insert should be at least 4GB (anything more I think is just wasted) and formatted for FAT -- not exFAT. (I tried an exFAT formatting and got some of those SYS ERR messages). Ideally, someone planning to do this would format the card in their drone using the Mavic's formatting command -- this would need to happen in the external SD card slot and at a point the drone is still working before attempted mods which might block you from getting to the formatting command. But it sounds like you're past the point already (as I was when I discovered it). The point is, don't worry too much yet. I had at least half a dozen different error messages while getting the SD card inserted and was still able to get the drone flying afterwards. But if any little metal contacts get broken then that is outside my experience range so I can't help you there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15