DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Operator ID attachment

Gallego1

Reactions
Hi

As a new purchaser of mini 2, where and how is the best place to attach the operator ID Registration code

Thank you

I have an M2P, but assumed that the label might come loose at some point, especially if humidity was high or it was actually raining, so put mine on the side just below the bit where the body sticks out a bit. That means if it does come loose in flight it won't be able to flap upwards into the props quite so easily, and if it comes off altogether it'll hopefully be swept down and away by the propwash. I'm actually pretty sure a sticky label wouldn't be a major issue unless it got dragged into a motor, and even then perhaps not enough to cause a crash, but why take chances?

Being on the side it's also still clearly visible when the aircraft is on the ground, because if I ever have to land so law enforcement or the like can check my ID is affixed (unlikely, given when and where I most commonly tend to fly) I certainly don't want a stranger laying hands on my little baby. :)

I self-printed mine using one of those Dymo label printers - I had a pretty decent one already, but you can get cheaper ones quite reasonably, and they're incredibly useful things to have around anyway.

Would recommend inside the battery hatch, so safe it'll never come off!
6770a188452a47b14827b74e4050913f.jpg

Would recommend inside the battery hatch, so safe it'll never come off!
6770a188452a47b14827b74e4050913f.jpg
5 years ago I put my registration label in the battery compartmentof my P3A. I think current regulations require it to be visible on the OUTSIDE of the drone. BUT... I didn't see where is says how BIG the text has to be, so technically font #1 (almost microscopic) should meet the criteria of external display.

To be clearer, in the UK we follow:-
"visible from the outside, or within a compartment that can easily be accessed without using a tool"

Reactions: Grazuncle
UK regulations:
The text must be a minimum 3mm in height.. if it can be inside a compartment (that can be opened without tools) it obviously does not have not be visible from the outside/or in flight

I currently have mine on top on the back (Mavic Air 2)but plan to move it so that I can put a strobe there. I plan to move the label to one of the arms or one on top of each of the batteries. I use black on clear labels from a Brother label maker. At the top of the label, I have my FAA registration number and my phone number on the bottom. I see too many lost drones where finders cannot locate the owner because there is no phone number on the drone.

I use a Dymo letratag printer with either a clear or white plastic tag, depending on the color of the drone. For the MM and Mini2 it is the perfect height sticker to fit on inner edge of the rear legs. Most of the wind resistance catches on the front, top or bottom so the back/ inner side is more protected. I have my FAA number on one leg and name and phone number on the other.

I dont know what the rules are for the UK but FAA requires it to be outside now for fear of a tripwire switch on the hatch.
If that's what you're country requires it is a must.
Unless changed here since last month (CAA) we don't have that restriction. Mine is on the outside of the body, regardless.

I have mine on top of my Mini1. It is simply a strip of paper with the ID number handwritten on it, and a length of sticky tape laid over the top. The sticky tape is wider than the paper so it's stuck down on all sides. Very cheap and simple, and it's stayed firmly attached for 6 months so far. It's probably not very weather-proof, but then I don't plan on flying in rain/fog. As @Grazuncle says, in the UK the letters must be min 3mm. Most handwriting is that size or larger.

Greetings!

I stick mine on the battery lid of my Mini. (the photo below is an example photo, I sell labels on eBay so I don't have to display my own OP ID)

s-l500.jpg

But you can make your own labels, and put them on the top, side and maybe even on the legs of the Mini, quite an endless options for you to choose from.

Do not use a sharpie/permanent marker - you'll lose value if you decide to sell on in the future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum