DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Optimal photo options to look like dslr

Miggy21

Reactions
I recently booked a job with my mpp to take some real estate shots, and they had sent me an email changing the job to require a dslr camera. Unfortunately I'm not a full time professional photographer. I just do some jobs on the side to make extra cash. So I dont have a dslr... I need some help trying to make my drone look as dslr quality as possible.. I know they are two completely different animals and there will never be a comparison but I've gotta try something. This is my biggest client and offering a large payout from consistent quality this is a new thing from them and I'm trying to make them happy without dishing out a minimum 400 bucks. I've got Adobe lightroom and photoshop if anything. But the less editing the better the quality photo. Please help.. anyone

I recently booked a job with my mpp to take some real estate shots, and they had sent me an email changing the job to require a dslr camera.
If they are telling you that they want a DSLR for aerial shots, tell them they're dreaming.
Unless it's a >$10 mill mansion, there's no need to fly a DSLR for real estate aerials.
If you were flying an SLR you'd need to charge a lot more to cover the helicopter hire or the investment of something well north of $10000 for the drone and gimbal you'd need.

I need some help trying to make my drone look as dslr quality as possible.. I know they are two completely different animals and there will never be a comparison but I've gotta try something.
Use a Mavic 2 pro or Phantom 4 pro and you'll get pretty close to DSLR quality.
If you're a decent photographer, very few would notice any difference.

No they just need ground shots. But it is a height value property. Just didnt know if there was a way to make it look any better

I would recommend using AEB mode and shooting RAW/DNG format. Doing those two things will greatly improve the quality of your product. You do, however, need knowledge of how to post process.

a Canon T6 is now short money, the 10-18 lens you need to do real estate is 279 dollars.

consumer / entry level DSLR's are not expensive.

If you could find a T5, T5i, or a SL1 for short money they are decent cameras.

Those are more camera than you would ever need, certainly good enough for RE pictures that are going to be used on a website or listing handout.

Cripes a Canon T3 with a good lens would take more of a picture than they would ever need.

but again, a drone, cell phone camera, or "point and shoot" digital is not going to do RE photos to a professional level, for that you need the ability to change the lens, and the lens I use most is my 10-18

Buy a used DSLR, a wide angle lens, a tripod(!!!) and maybe a polarization filter. You should come pretty far with 250-300 € or $. A Mavic can't get you the look/quality of an larger sensor as soon as the conditions aren't perfect anymore.

I can only talk about Canon, but a 500D or newer (550D, 600D, 650D, etc.) or a 100D, 200D combined with an 10-18mm or 17-50mm lens (depending how much space you have on location) will do the job just fine.

Greetings
Jürgen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke