DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Optimizing Smart Controller Battery

NoVaMavicPilot

Reactions
Greetings,

I know there is quite a bit of discussion about how to optimize MP2 LiPo battery life, but I am wondering if anyone has any tips for optimizing smart controller battery life.
Deep discharges on the LiPo's seems to have fixed my cell deviations. Perhaps I am spoiled by Iphone battery life, so everything comparatively seems to not hold a charge long. The SC seems to dwindle to below 70% after two consecutive short flights of 20 minutes. Is that about right? Since it doesn't use a LiPo battery, I figured a deep discharge wouldn't help with the SC, but do you all just charge every time you use the SC regardless of how low the battery gets? tips? Thanks!

I was under the impression the RM500 uses two LiPo cells. As such, I don't really want it sitting at 95% charge when not in use, so I am not quick to top it off. If it is at 2 or 3 bars at the end of the day, it's fine to sit there until my next use.

DJI Smart Controller

Specs​

• Battery​

• 18650 Li-ion (5000 mAh @ 7.2 V)

Correct. The smart controller has 2S2P of 4 18650 2 on each side. Each of 2500 Mah making the 5000mah. Easy to upgrade if you need.

Greetings,

I know there is quite a bit of discussion about how to optimize MP2 LiPo battery life, but I am wondering if anyone has any tips for optimizing smart controller battery life.
Deep discharges on the LiPo's seems to have fixed my cell deviations. Perhaps I am spoiled by Iphone battery life, so everything comparatively seems to not hold a charge long. The SC seems to dwindle to below 70% after two consecutive short flights of 20 minutes. Is that about right? Since it doesn't use a LiPo battery, I figured a deep discharge wouldn't help with the SC, but do you all just charge every time you use the SC regardless of how low the battery gets? tips? Thanks!
I'm getting the same as you, about 70% left after 20 minutes flight. And I also charge it up after each flight. Its meant to have a two and a half hour flight time on a full charge, but I've never had that long. Even the standard controller lasts longer than the sc. Which also is a two and a half hour battery life. I guess charging more often is not much of a grind, to have all the benefits of the sc.

2 1/2 hours of battery on the SC is normal. It lasts about 6 flights from the Mavic Air 2.

RC-Pro is similar at 3 hours. Battery life can be prolonged by using the display on both devices at less than maximum brightness.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekleeth