DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Order Now Or Wait

fourbeer

Reactions
Was considering ordering now, but not sure of the quality of a first run on DJI's manufacturing line.

Anyone notice quality issues with the first batch of other DJI drones?

Me personally I always wait several months before I purchase anything. I wait for all the bugs to be worked out and everybody else to be the guinea pig.

I don't recall any issues with the actual build problems that change over time. It is likely there will be bugs fixed over time with firmware and software.
I know back in my Phantom flying days, things actually went the wrong direction. They released 3 different versions of the Phantom 3 advance/pro controller, and the 3rd version had less power and some people saw a difference in range (although some tests didn't really show much difference). So, they could make a change to fix problems, or you run into them making a change for some other reason (like to a cheaper supplier). You get a warranty, so I wouldn't worry too much about buying early. On the other hand, waiting gives you a chance to see what real world good and bad there is outside the reviews and let the firmware catch up.

I saw a Youtube reviewer caution today advising to do the initial battery charge on the 3 batteries in the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo separately, using the charger and not the charging bank. After the first full charge, the batteries are apparently sensed and “activated”. The multi-bank can then be used for subsequent charging. The reviewer said that DJI are aware of this issue. But if they have not yet put an advisory into the packaging box ....... here it is! [Added note: also see Topic Heading about Air 2 batteries elsewhere - a few extra comments.]

Last edited:
I had an issue with "early batch" smart controller. The plastic started to crack without any apparent reason near the return and confirm button. Other issue was laggin scrolling text on screen.
I sold it and got one manufactured next year, plastic is different now, and no more lag.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507