DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orientation - Please advise

colorado kid

Reactions
i have the mavic mini and i am always hesitant to fly too far, so been very good at flying with constant VLOS. even then, due to its small size, there are times i lose sight of it. and i really don't want to depend on the RTH. i do recall, up until recently, there was a 'semi circle' at the lower center of RC screen. this was really helpful to me. it showed the orientation of the drone (whether it was pointing away or at me). so i knew exactly which direction i was heading. but it is no longer showing this semi circle on the screen. is this due to an update? did i inadvertently turn it off? if so, how do i get it back? thanks!

I fly the MA2 with the GO FLY app and there was an update a while back.

The center icon is no longer available, but if you tap on the corner of the map, it will blow up to a medium sized map that shows the orientation of the drone on the map.

You can change the map to an indicator that is confusing to some pilots as some of us are used to the Go4 app altitude indicator and this one seems backwards.

Here's a video that may help.

thanks for this!

Reactions: MA2 317
It’s now integrated with the map on lower left corner in DJI Fly. Works well although a bit differently than the version you are familiar with.

Thanks for sharing

A bit of a newbie like you with a MM1. I am practicing using the map a lot more to get orientation.
Overlaying the satellite in lieu of the streets view gives a good idea of where the drone is and its path.
From reading other posts, it makes sense to get your flying to second nature so using the camera is more enjoyable and proficient.
Cheers

Technically, when flying 107, line of site means you have to be able to see your drone and determine its orientation visually (without the aid of the screen or other 'system'. The point of that rule is that if the you loose video and data feed from drone, you can still safely fly and avoid obstacles.

Having said that, with such a small bird I don't know how you'd be able to get ANY footage and be able to see your drone at that level of detail.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne