DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Our own private Island (Learning By Doing Ep145)

Vernon

Reactions
Who's never dreamt of having a private island? Our dreams came true at the perfect moment. Things are not going really well at the moment in Indonesia, covid numbers are up, there's some panic going on and many new rules and lockdowns every day, administered in chaotic fashion. We sailed 100nm over night to get to Banta Island, a pretty remote uninhabited spot with no cell reception. We enjoyed 4 days there completely alone and away from the madness. Snorkling, hiking, beach cleaning and more. Enjoi!

Who's never dreamt of having a private island? Our dreams came true at the perfect moment. Things are not going really well at the moment in Indonesia, covid numbers are up, there's some panic going on and many new rules and lockdowns every day, administered in chaotic fashion. We sailed 100nm over night to get to Banta Island, a pretty remote uninhabited spot with no cell reception. We enjoyed 4 days there completely alone and away from the madness. Snorkling, hiking, beach cleaning and more. Enjoi!

I don't know about everyone else but I am soooo jealous of you guys!!!! As I've said to you, I love watching your videos so I can live that life vicariously, if not physically. Did you try spitting on the inside of the lenses? I used to be a certified SCUBA diver and used that method to defog the diving glasses.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Vernon
I don't know about everyone else but I am soooo jealous of you guys!!!! As I've said to you, I love watching your videos so I can live that life vicariously, if not physically. Did you try spitting on the inside of the lenses? I used to be a certified SCUBA diver and used that method to defog the diving glasses.

Dale
Miami
Thanks Dale, appreciate your comments. Yep, the ol spit technique is the one I use and it works fine on my other masks, just not this one.

It's great you have means to truly 'get-away' from everything and everyone. Thanks for taking us along! Thanks for cleaning up what others left floating.

That sphere shot of you standing on the bow is about the COOLEST shot I've EVER seen!

Wow! I'm not a boat guy but really it makes me wish I were. I would love to have some time in a place like that. That water was fantastic. What we call nice is nothing like that, you guys stay safe and keep up the travel. Living the dream.

Wow! I'm not a boat guy but really it makes me wish I were. I would love to have some time in a place like that. That water was fantastic. What we call nice is nothing like that, you guys stay safe and keep up the travel. Living the dream.
Thanks for the nice comment. I wasn't a boat guy either until a few years ago when I spontaneously decided to buy a sailboat. I haven't regretted it for a minute.

That sphere shot of you standing on the bow is about the COOLEST shot I've EVER seen!
Thanks, that shot was made with my GoPro Max, 360 camera. I love those shots but too much and the affect gets old fast.

It's great you have means to truly 'get-away' from everything and everyone. Thanks for taking us along! Thanks for cleaning up what others left floating.
Hi. Glad you could feel part of it. In these crazy times there are not too many times I regret buying a "go anywhere" boat.?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS