DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Out of box

=HH=

Reactions
Hello guy's am a rookie here so be easy on me received my MP yesterday all good out of box. I charged battery and rc pluged Samsung galaxy s4 turned on rc then mav went throw setup .I DID NOT have to do a firmware up date .airplane status was all NORMAL dos that seem right not doing a firmware update. Still have to do a compass cal but weather is to bad to get outside to do that is it ok to try a compass cal in the house or should I just wait

is to bad to get outside to do that is it ok to try a compass cal in the house or should I just wait
You should calibrate the compass outside in an area that's not near any magnetic metal objects (e.g. don't do it on a sidewalk).

You should calibrate the compass outside in an area that's not near any magnetic metal objects (e.g. don't do it on a sidewalk).
Thanks misinger is it nomal not to have to do a firmware update out of the box

It all depends on how long your Mavic was sitting on the shelf before it got to you. Since they are still in high demand, most are probably being shipped with the current firmware.

The App will recommend/tell you about firmware updates when they are available. As per msingers comment this probably won't be required at the moment as the last firmware update was a few weeks ago and stock is still in high demand.

Personally I'd only do calibrations if the app tells you to, DJI know best (I hope) - I've not done ANY calibrations yet.

Start outside in good weather with lots of open space - take it steady and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Ok guys thank you very much for all your help I well wait for the good weather. Also yes it DID NOT tell me to calibrate compass just thought it was a must right out of box when it comes from China to canada

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18