DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Out of the box damage...not just a scratched gimbal...

mcsenerd

Reactions
But yeah... the gimbal is scratched too:

GimbalScratch.jpg

What's more concerning is the crack in fuselage near the rear of the aircraft:
MavicCrack.jpg

And this is brand new, never flown, straight out of the box...

Ooh not good, straight back. Although it looks like a molding mark, neither of mine has that mark.

Shame all the same.

Not good but I have worked in manufacturing for years and with demand at a high, small quality issues are going to slip the check sheet. I'd raise a NCR with them, that way your in a correspondence, they have the 30 day rule to reply to your query and then you the same and should the ascetics annoy you, then you can move things forward, with a return or something.

Reactions: JohnC
That's not a crack. Its just the molding for the plastic. Mine had it too. I was able to break it off with my nail.

Looks.like rushed assembly. They are sold out on the pro still.

But yeah... the gimbal is scratched too:

View attachment 46053

What's more concerning is the crack in fuselage near the rear of the aircraft:
View attachment 46054

And this is brand new, never flown, straight out of the box...[/QUOTEs

Cosmetics, not really going to be a real concern then, but foreign objects (contamination) getting in the injection moulder is but I would guess it's all above board where the parts are processed but the scuff on the gimble is clear enough so guess your entitled to something if can you be bothered with the hassle with the complaint, or just use the time flying instead.

Well, it certainly looks and feels like a crack to me. I noticed when I was putting the first battery in it. I don't think it's the end of the world. The biggest issue I have is that if something goes haywire with the thing, then I have to send it back in...that they'll say, "oh, we noticed this crack in the aircraft that was the result of your misuse, so we're denying your warranty claim". Not that any company would ever do something like that...

Well, it certainly looks and feels like a crack to me. I noticed when I was putting the first battery in it. I don't think it's the end of the world. The biggest issue I have is that if something goes haywire with the thing, then I have to send it back in...that they'll say, "oh, we noticed this crack in the aircraft that was the result of your misuse, so we're denying your warranty claim". Not that any company would ever do something like that...

I'd send it back. They took care of my last issue super fast. Heck, I should probably check mine for marks! I barely looked as it, charged the batteries, updated and took off!

I'd send it back. They took care of my last issue super fast. Heck, I should probably check mine for marks! I barely looked as it, charged the batteries, updated and took off!
Got mine yesterday, so far my only gripes are the sd card cover and the other cover(?) , looks like somebody uses their uncut long/wide nails to pry it open20180911_081709.jpeg20180911_081633.jpeg

My SD cover had the same slot...

..but guess what. Marks are appearing all over from my general use. It's a flying bird guys, it's gonna get used. That most likely happens during QC check so I'm glad they are checking everything out.

Reactions: Eugenious99
Just got my Mavic pro 2, today
Checked it all over and no quality issues
Just charging the batteries, then doing the update. The weather looks like rain, so I'll be patient ☹️

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmy poole