DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Out, Sleep, Back???

parts list radio reciever esc servo and a 500 ma battery problem soloved the real problem is disecting the drone battery and figuring out what the trigger wires are might just be 2 wires might be alot more ..but this is definatly do able i like spectrum transmitters and recievers but i dont see this guy springing 500 dollars for another remote transmitter like spectrum .......theres plentys of old used ones around

Of course it's doable, that's just what I said in the very post you quoted but I also it's just not that viable to do which you seem to also agree with.

...But I'll be doing this in the rainforest...
Rain and forest, two things you should avoid while flying a DJI drone.
... I'm not interested in spending 400 bucks to find out...
You will need to spend over $400 to get the range you will need to operate in a forest. Trees tend to absorb/scatter RC signals.
...My primary thought was the canopy, thought about landing on a large branch (away from leaves)...
I was thinking that landing spots are going to be few and far between in a rain forest. Forget about landing on a branch.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Maybe an Arduino and small battery, plus a servo programed to tap and hold battery button all coded with a timer?
Hope your good at writing code, lol... The drop and retrieve later option is probably your best bet. Its actually not too difficult to grab a Hooped item with 6 foot piece of para chord hanging one of these Grappling Hook Grapnel Hook, 3-Claw Stainless Steel Tree Climbing Hook, Brunch L | eBay from it, Ive done many practice operations (and retrieved a boomerang without any hoop modification from a flat roof, believe it or not) as a backup plan if a drone goes down..But the mini aint gunna cut it. You'll need a Mavic or an older Phantom or 3DR Solo would all work well..

Rain and forest, two things you should avoid while flying a DJI drone.

You will need to spend over $400 to get the range you will need to operate in a forest. Trees tend to absorb/scatter RC signals.

I was thinking that landing spots are going to be few and far between in a rain forest. Forget about landing on a branch.
I agree with Mossiback, I would not be advocating flying around branches. And this is more than a $400 drone needed. Plus I suspect this would be out of VLOS so many countries would require you to get a special permit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007