DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Over Load Gimbal

tca

Reactions
Hi...

Today I was flying my Mavic Air..........had made numerouns flights and came in for a battery change....when I took off I got about 25' up and got a message "Gimbal Overloaded".......
I landed with no problem.......

Can anyone tell me what this menas.

Thanks

Sometimes when its really windy I get this message also if I try to do a Pano I sometimes get gimbal is stuck message . I move the gimble up and down with the wheel so its no stuck. I assume it has something to do with the wind.

Reactions: run2jeepn
I experienced this recently with my Spark. It was a windy day and I was flying the Spark at a construction site that was non-op after hours. I noticed fine dust blowing along the ground between takeoffs and landings. The next day I flew the Spark again and soon after takeoff experienced a gimble overload status on my RC. The image displayed from the camera was such that I could see that the camera and image stabilization appeared to be fighting each other resulting in abrupt movements of the camera up and down. I had no ND filters on the Spark at that time and no other visible or obvious reasons for this to occur. I grounded the Spark and after closer inspection and reboot of the Spark I noticed the gimble was not moving freely as it typically does during the power on system check routine. After researching SparkPilots.com I found a recommendation which involved using my camera lens blower "puffer" and soft camera brush to gently remove the fine dust in and around the camera assembly of my Spark which did the trick! The camera now works as designed and I have added this process to my preventive maintence checklist for my Spark and Mavic 2 Zoom. Give this a try as you troubleshoot. I hope this helps.

what happened to you is not whats happening to us. are gimbals are not obstructed by dust . there having a problem stabilizing the camera do to high winds. the AC is getting battered around by wind and the camera is trying to move up and down during a pano and because the AC is moving a pano can't be made thus the gimbal stuck warning I do believe or overload. I could be wrong but pretty sure its not dust. Positive its not dust.

Apologies BigBird48. I should have directed my post to tca. Nevertheless, I hope my post will be of use to someone experiencing a similar situation as mine. Kind Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swaggyC