DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overexposure

RoarRoar

Reactions
New to the MPP but have flown other DJI products. Each time I have had the MPP out (only three flights around the neighborhood) the screen was very overexposed and needed to be manually adjusted before taking off. Is this common or do I need to re calibrate something or change a setting?

New to the MPP but have flown other DJI products. Each time I have had the MPP out (only three flights around the neighborhood) the screen was very overexposed and needed to be manually adjusted before taking off. Is this common or do I need to re calibrate something or change a setting?
If you have the camera set for manual exposure, the screen will appear too dark or too bright if the settings are not correct for the ambient light.
If you are using auto exposure and things are too bright, look at what's happened to the exposure compensation setting.
In the line of camera data, you'll see EV with a number below it.
If it's showing +2.0 or +3.0 etc, it's set to over expose and everything will be washed out.
Dial it back to EV 0

If you have the camera set for manual exposure, the screen will appear too dark or too bright if the settings are not correct for the ambient light.
If you are using auto exposure and things are too bright, look at what's happened to the exposure compensation setting.
In the line of camera data, you'll see EV with a number below it.
If it's showing +2.0 or +3.0 etc, it's set to over expose and everything will be washed out.
Dial it back to EV 0

thanks I’ll look into it.

Also, if you have the EV dial on your remote, make sure you're not accidentally bumping it with your thumb wile flying.

Reactions: Thomas B
I know. But I totally blew an important shot by not checking after a friend flew and tried to use the right dial to control the gimble. Big lesson learned for me!!

I've done it. One time I was out flying my but off thinking I was picking up some awesome footage only to get home and find it was all garbage.

Activate the zebra display to give overexposure warnings, or use the histogram display for overall exposure evaluation.

Activate the zebra display to give overexposure warnings, or use the histogram display for overall exposure evaluation.
How does one activate or deactivate the zebra display? Mine seems random. Drives me crazy.
(found the answer but I don’t recall turning on the warning)

Last edited:
The zebra display only comes on when there is overexposure. I don't know exactly when DJI triggers the zebra display, but normally it is at 85% of maximum exposure to allow a little headroom. It will never be seen if there is no over exposure problems.

When you turn the zebra display on, it only shows up when there is danger of over exposure. If you want a continuous display of the current exposure situation, use the histogram which shows the entire exposure range from black to white as a frequency graph.

The zebra display only comes on when there is overexposure. I don't know exactly when DJI triggers the zebra display, but normally it is at 85% of maximum exposure to allow a little headroom. It will never be seen if there is no over exposure problems.

When you turn the zebra display on, it only shows up when there is danger of over exposure. If you want a continuous display of the current exposure situation, use the histogram which shows the entire exposure range from black to white as a frequency graph.
Thx. Figured it out. Still don’t like the randomness I’m experiencing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka