DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oversharpen then blur?

npenaphoto

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Mavic (have had it for less than a month) and still trying to figure out sharpening settings. I feel like if I have it under 0 it starts to lose detail in areas with high detail such as trees, but then if I bump the detail up to +1 some areas may look too over sharpened. Has anyone tried shooting on a high sharpening setting (such as +1) and then blurring the image just a tad to get rid of some of the detail? I feel like blurring it out 2% on Resolve has given me good results.

I have also noticed that any setting less than 0 results in loss of detail in grassy areas and trees. I set mine to +1 and the problem completely goes away. You can always blur detail but can never recover detail that was not captured.

Reactions: npenaphoto
Probably keep doing what you're doing in Resolve if you're happy with it. For me, +1 is way too sharp. 0 is also kinda sharp but pretty good. -1 works well for everything but super high contrast scenes. But every Mavic is different and YMMV. I am lucky to have a Mavic with a little more latitude in settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine