DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overvoltage in the Gimbal Mavic 2 Pro

nafisgal

Reactions
I have a problem with the Gimbal of my Mavic 2 Pro.
Despite having calibrated both the IMU and Gimbal, as well as the compass every time I fly ... It seems that the problem does not come on that side, and more like, observing and reviewing history of previous models, especially in the Mavic Pro ; It remains something has also been resolved by DJI ..
The famous message of "overvoltage in the Gimbal"
My Mavic 2 Pro barely has 30 days and only 50 flights.
For no apparent reason, in any mode (P or Sport) the camera becomes "crazy" and the movements of the Gimbal are free and erratic without responding to any command of the Radio Control ... More like a behavior similar to a magnetic error. I have recorded some videos of all this.
And of course when landing, I observe a high warming, both in drums and in the Drone ...
I have reported this problem to DJI ... Waiting for an answer.
If someone has the same problem, please comment on your solution.

I have a problem with the Gimbal of my Mavic 2 Pro.
Despite having calibrated both the IMU and Gimbal, as well as the compass every time I fly ... It seems that the problem does not come on that side, and more like, observing and reviewing history of previous models, especially in the Mavic Pro ; It remains something has also been resolved by DJI ..
The famous message of "overvoltage in the Gimbal"
My Mavic 2 Pro barely has 30 days and only 50 flights.
For no apparent reason, in any mode (P or Sport) the camera becomes "crazy" and the movements of the Gimbal are free and erratic without responding to any command of the Radio Control ... More like a behavior similar to a magnetic error. I have recorded some videos of all this.
And of course when landing, I observe a high warming, both in drums and in the Drone ...
I have reported this problem to DJI ... Waiting for an answer.
If someone has the same problem, please comment on your solution.
At least in the Mavic Pro this can be due to an under preforming SD card. I haven’t heard the over voltage to the gimbal before but the crazy erratic movement happened when using an SD card that was bad. New SD card fixed the issue.

No idea if this will work with the M2 but that’s all I got

Thank you Brett8883 for your reply ...
I use a 64 Gb Sandisk Extreme type 3 card with a high reading buffer. (see attached photo) ... I think that would not be the problem ..
I am referring to a Total destabilization of the Gimbal and the camera. I have recorded this part so it can be seen ... (see video:
)

Attachments

• _EUR2758-web.jpg
    _EUR2758-web.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 14
Thank you Brett8883 for your reply ...
I use a 64 Gb Sandisk Extreme type 3 card with a high reading buffer. (see attached photo) ... I think that would not be the problem ..
I am referring to a Total destabilization of the Gimbal and the camera. I have recorded this part so it can be seen ... (see video:
)
You need to change that video from “private” to “unlisted” for us to see it.

Overvoltage, or overload? I've not heard of gimbal overvoltage, but I have heard of gimbal overload. The latter is when the gimbal motors have too much load on them. A real reason would be gimbal clamp in place, too heavy of an accessory on the camera, or obstruction/dirt in the motors.

I've read in the MP forums that intermittent gimbal resets were corrected by formatting SD cards on a PC as FAT32. Default format is ExFAT on cards bigger than 32GB.

It may be the translator's fault .. Apologies ..
The overvoltage / overload message appears randomly when this happens in full flight .... And usually in lateral displacements and intelligent modes ...
I leave the video in public ...
Thank you for your answers...

There definitely does seem to be something wrong with the gimbal. The video stream is steady so I doubt it would be an SD card, but the image is shaking as if you were holding the camera.

Perhaps try gimbal and IMU calibration a few times, re-apply firmware, and factory reset. If all of these do not work, sounds like it needs repair.

Thanks DanMan32 ..
Everything you describe has already been done ... Except for factory reset values ... It is under warranty (without Refreshcare), and in two months and about 100 flights ... This problem has appeared to me a few times. .. I have consulted with the DJI SAT ... but they got rid of the problem with a ... "update to the new Firmware, your problem will be solved ..." So I will opt for the option of sending to SAT now that winter comes...
Also note that such destabilization disappears as soon as it receives the RTH order. Something that has me even more surprised

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom