DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Painful experience :(

ManfredH

Reactions
While playing around at home with my new Mavic I just had to catch the drone with my bare hands to prevent it taking off. I used to exercise within the simulator and wanted to take off as suddenly the props started spinning. Now I'm suffering from some small cuts and a hematome in my fingers :(

I'm pretty sure I was within the simulator and I assume this is a bug within the app (iOS, V4.2.4). In future, I will completely take off the props every time at home ...

Last edited:
Reactions: joejaxvic123
I had a similar experience running the sim on my android- luckily I had removed the propellers just in case....I would have done the same if the props were on.

Reactions: ManfredH
Are you guys saying that the props started spinning while in "simulator" mode ?

Are you guys saying that the props started spinning while in "simulator" mode ?

Yes, (well, the motors were spinning, my props were taken off) my phone was displaying the "virtual" world of the simulator, and when I pressed "take off" the motors started spinning... has not happened since that one time though.

Can't stress this enough... always, and I repeat, always, remove your props when updating, setting, playing with software with the drone on, or otherwise any time you are messing with your drone indoors, and don't intend to fly it.

I've heard of this happening before with much worse results.

Last edited:
Yes (unfortunately) :(
I did that, too..should have a picture...those propellers spin fast...hurt like a mother...but no damage to the drown. Picture is from a week after, but you get the gist.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    771.8 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: hjmavic
I did that, too..should have a picture...those propellers spin fast...hurt like a mother...but no damage to the drown. Picture is from a week after, but you get the gist.
ouch
iv had many injuries over the years, helicopters, planes, jetx (if your as old as me and remember them)
props and blades come off anything indoors, apart the from toys.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01