DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Palatkaha River/Creek, Leesburg, FL USA

FLDave

Reactions
I flew some DroneLink missions in trees above the Palatkaha Creek which flows into Lake Harris, Lake County, Fl. It is a primary feature of the Hawthorne at Leesburg retirement community. DroneLink makes it possible to plan smooth flights.

Looks like real nice park. You didn't want to drop down and fly under the trees down near the power station? I probably wouldn't either unless I was right there. Enjoyed it!!

Over the trees was outside the area I wanted to see up close so I went up to 150 and 175 feet for a down view; I really didn't want the power substation in view as it was more of a distraction. I just used the high flight for a turnaround point. With dronleink I slowed to 2 mph to keep my rotation rate less than 3 degrees/second. When flying manually just above the water I can go lower but with planned mission distance error tolerances are too great.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Great flying and much enjoyed. Spotted the wind in the trees and it wasn’t what you’d call perfect flying conditions but, as always, the drone coped in capable hands.

Great flying and much enjoyed. Spotted the wind in the trees and it wasn’t what you’d call perfect flying conditions but, as always, the drone coped in capable hands.
Measured surface winds 4-8 mph (using Dweyer hand-held wind meter from my single engine flying days). Winds aloft according to my AirData data: average 9.1 mph; 13.39 mph at 150-175 feet (over the trees), 12.8 mph at 50-75 feet ATL, and 6.9 mph at 0-50 feet. This data is useful in learning what to expect for future wind conditions.

Reactions: twickers14
Good morning to all-
Very good drone work, and this looks like a stream I would enjoy kayaking and fishing. Good flying- good shooting.

You all keep safe and be well- Ed

Reactions: twickers14
Measured surface winds 4-8 mph (using Dweyer hand-held wind meter from my single engine flying days). Winds aloft according to my AirData data: average 9.1 mph; 13.39 mph at 150-175 feet (over the trees), 12.8 mph at 50-75 feet ATL, and 6.9 mph at 0-50 feet. This data is useful in learning what to expect for future wind conditions.
Wow that Dwyer is expensive like 4/5 times more expensive than the others offered on Amazon. Suspect you will say that the quality of data is 4/5 times more accurate than the others. Guess if you were flying single engine you’d need the best.

Wow that Dwyer is expensive like 4/5 times more expensive than the others offered on Amazon. Suspect you will say that the quality of data is 4/5 times more accurate than the others. Guess if you were flying single engine you’d need the best.
My Dwyer wasn't so expensive in 1972. Fortunately I stored it well and it now I find it again useful. $50 for a plastic items does seem a bit expensive. The portable electronic ones are a lot less expensive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath