DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pano stitching

Leedaddy1

Reactions
I've been using Photoshop for years and on a recent trip I shot some sunrise 180 degree panos with my mavic air and a couple later in the morning. Problem is when stitching the sunrise shots it's only giving me part of the shot like 45 degrees and doesn't matter what program either Photoshop Lightroom or Microsoft ice. But if I use pictures from later in the morning no problems. Is it something I'm doing or what. The link provided is from later in the morning. The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com . And the 2nd link is the 45 degrees problem. The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com
They are shot in raw

Problem is when stitching the sunrise shots it's only giving me part of the shot like 45 degrees and doesn't matter what program either Photoshop Lightroom or Microsoft ice. But if I use pictures from later in the morning no problems. Is it something I'm doing or what.
It's hard to tell for certain but the big example shows a thin strip of land with featureless blue sky above and (worse than featureless) water with moving wave patterns below.
That makes it very difficult for the software to identify and lock onto pairs of common points in adjacent images.
That's always going to be difficult to stitch properly.
You can see that it hasn't stitched the thin land properly and the horizon has been bent.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Are you talking about the 1st link I'm not having any problems with the stitching of that shot it's the 2nd link. That's all I get from 3 different programs. I have similar shots from a different drone but there wasn't any problems with stitching them together but the other drone shoots in jpeg. Would that be the difference

Are you talking about the 1st link I'm not having any problems with the stitching of that shot it's the 2nd link. That's all I get from 3 different programs. I have similar shots from a different drone but there wasn't any problems with stitching them together but the other drone shoots in jpeg. Would that be the difference
It's hard to say why it won't stitch without seeing the shots that won't stitch, so I was commenting based on what was able to be seen.
If you think you had no problems, look at that horizon again.
The software couldn't stitch the sky or water, all it had to work with was that thin band of land but no anchor points above or below.

You can always try to manually stitch them together in photoshop. I never had the best of luck with their auto stitching software. Try PT GUI. Not perfect it, but it usually fails only in the skies, which is easy to paste in from other parts of the sky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo