DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pano too large for a Forum post?

twickers14

Reactions
Quick question. I shot a nice basic pano yesterday on my Mavic Air 2 which I tried to post but as I went to attach it, (14.3mb) I got a message saying it was too big. Does that sound right? Sure I have posted panos before and no problems. Any thoughts?

Quick question. I shot a nice basic pano yesterday on my Mavic Air 2 which I tried to post but as I went to attach it, (14.3mb) I got a message saying it was too big. Does that sound right? Sure I have posted panos before and no problems. Any thoughts?
You have a couple of options.
You could:
Resize the image to a smaller size ... or
Upload the image to a hosting site and post a link

Reactions: Capt KO
You have a couple of options.
You could:
Resize the image to a smaller size ... or
Upload the image to a hosting site and post a link
Thanks. I’ll have a bash at resizing. Any apps to recommend? I downloaded something called Image Size from the Apple App Store but couldn’t work out how to use it!

I believe the maximum size for a single image is 8MB. @clackey should be able to verify the limit imposed in the forum software.

I’ll take a look at Image Size and see how they do a size conversion and get back to you.

I believe the maximum size for a single image is 8MB. @clackey should be able to verify the limit imposed in the forum software.

I’ll take a look at Image Size and see how they do a size conversion and get back to you.
Many thanks. I have scoured Apple Support and think I have done it through Preview. Have just posted the shot but unlike previous posts I can’t see the shot but it’s posted anyway. Let me know if this works.

Twickers, I use Preview all the time to do just what you need to do. It's so simple. Drop your image file on the preview icon in the dock, and duplicate it (cmd/shift/s). Go to Tools/adjust size, make sure scale and resample are checked, and enter a value for the width of your pano (typically between 1200 and 1600, for non-panos I use 1200 wide). You can make other adjustments at this time if needed. Then cmd/s to save the new file with a new name and choose a quality level somewhere in the center of the slider to keep the fie size manageable (typically between 150 and 400K). Then just drag and drop the new file right into your post.

Reactions: Chrislaf

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas