DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama modes on mavic air

Spy_Corfu

Reactions
just got my mavic air and took a couple of panorama shots using all the available options like 360 sphere and 180 etc..
then copied the jpg files to my computer but i am unable to view them preperly.. they look like 2s distorted photos... any ideas?
i would like to view on on my google photos web pages or upload them to facebook.

Anyone? now one has used panorama mode on the air? i see that its available on the mavic pro also so someone must have an idea if i can make the same format as Hangar 360 app for example to upload it to Facebook direct

Reactions: wsteele
I think you should be able to use How to make 360 degree photo for facebook to covert the 360 to an actual 360. I know at least that on an iPhone it detects the difference and lets you pan around the image.
Further to this, you can them upload these images to Google for a 360 view. This site might have "Facebook" in the URL, but it can be used for all 360 sites (e.g. Google Maps).

So far i managed to upload 360 videos to facebook using the exported jpg photo from the sd card of the air using THETA+ with THETA S.
Also if you just want "small world" then ROLLWORLD is also easy and straight forward.
I was hoping it would be more straight forward but unfortunately so far you have to involve a 3rd party app.
Ok if you preview the small world stitched file on dji go4 then it looks very nice but i have not been able to export it to google photos or facebook directly. it says its too big over 20mb to export.
I understand the new pano mode basically automatically stitches together all the 20-30 photos depending the pano mode you use into 1 jpg file which is amazing of course.
Then from my MAC i get 2d flattened photos which even if i upload them to google photos which i use does not recognise them and convert them to 360.
Even the small planet is just a simple photo and not an interactive zoomable photo like on dji go 4 editor. its a real shame!

Reactions: orca.skynet
I will need some more time to experiment but basically dji knows automates the stitching of the pano photos to one big jpg and stores it in the sd which can then be copied to a computer.
I do not see any meta files in the same folder so how does the iphone or google photos recognise it as a 360 photo? So far it does not unless i use a 3rd party app.

You can upload the flat panorama image to kuula.co which does a really nice job of making it available to share everywhere.

You can also upload the flat panorama image to photos.google.com -- at first google won't know it's a panorama but within an hour so or it will get around to examining your picture and determine that it's a panorama. You will see a notification (red circle) in the top right hand corner of your screen inviting you to see the panorama. When you see the panorama you can save it as a separate image in your library.

Kuula.co does a better job, in my opinion, but you may already be using Google photos and want to keep all your images together.

how do you get DJI to stitch the panorama? I see just individual RAW files on my SD card...

how do you get DJI to stitch the panorama? I see just individual RAW files on my SD card...

The "PANORAMA" folder just contains the unstitched originals. The pano itself shows up in the "100MEDIA" folder as an equirectangular projection (a single .jpg file) of them all stitched together. Viewing this in an image editor just presents you with a distorted photo. Use a service like Skypixel (integrated with DJI GO 4) to display them as an explorable VR experience. These are nice on a PC, but IMO are best viewed on a phone, because you can pan around and explore in all directions by actually moving the phone around, giving you a window into the world captured in your pano which can't be beat.

Here is my latest 360º Pano, made with my Mavic Air, on Skypixel: The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com

The "PANORAMA" folder just contains the unstitched originals. The pano itself shows up in the "100MEDIA" folder as an equirectangular projection (a single .jpg file) of them all stitched together. Viewing this in an image editor just presents you with a distorted photo. Use a service like Skypixel (integrated with DJI GO 4) to display them as an explorable VR experience. These are nice on a PC, but IMO are best viewed on a phone, because you can pan around and explore in all directions by actually moving the phone around, giving you a window into the world captured in your pano which can't be beat.

Here is my latest 360º Pano, made with my Mavic Air, on Skypixel: The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com
very cool! How did you link the Asteroid effect to the 360 Pano?

very cool! How did you link the Asteroid effect to the 360 Pano?
Skypixel does that automatically. You can zoom in with the scroll wheel on your mouse and explore with click/drag on PC or with a pinch and tap/drag motion on mobile devices.

Now if only I could figure out how to get the DJI software to stitch my originals better. I always end up with blurring, mirroring, and artifacts. =-( Still learning, though. Hope I was of some help!

Reactions: Surge
I took a pano yesterday and the stitched version was on in my Go app. I downloaded it but more interested in why there were no images in the panorama folder on my SD card. Why would that be?

The DJI app stitches the JPEGs together for you, then you can export that photo from the App to your phone or elsewhere. If you want to use the RAWs, you need to stitch them yourself in Photoshop or similar from the source files on the SD card.

I took a pano yesterday and the stitched version was on in my Go app. I downloaded it but more interested in why there were no images in the panorama folder on my SD card. Why would that be?

Make sure you have the option checked in the app to also save all the source files for the panos- they should show up in the folder after that.

Reactions: MadSquid
Yep. And always copy all three subdirectories within the DCIM folder to your media drive. I know that initially, after finding most of my captures (HDR composites, stitched panos, and video) in the 100MEDIA folder (I think that's what it is, I don't have the SD plugged in at the moment), I failed to give proper attention to the other two subdirectories. Best to keep it all in one place. IMO, anyway.

Is pano on the air done automatically or do you have to pan manually as you do on a phone?

Make sure you have the option checked in the app to also save all the source files for the panos- they should show up in the folder after that.

That must be it. Thanks. I noticed a pretty massive blurry section at the top of my stitched little planet...Assume that is from DJI's algorithms using that to fill in the sky.

ive never tried the automated way of making a pano i do the oldschool manual way, i shoot in raw and merge the raws in lightroom, 99% of the time it works well and gives u wayyyyyy more flexibility to edit, if i am shooting someghing i really like i will use litchi which is much better for panos as it gives u wayyyyy more options for how wide how many images etc, in litchi u can also bracket all the pano images which in my mind gets the best detail from this little sensor

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13