DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Panorama start point

TheRock

Reactions
I have a question about the starting point of still panoramas. With all of the drones I have used so far, even if I put the camera in a place where I would like the panorama to start, when I start whatever pano I shoot (9 shot, 16 shot, Vert), the camera will move from the starting point I set and automatically go to the central horizon and start in with its shooing routine. Sometimes that works out great, but other times I may want more clouds or earth in the shot... a weighted type of image. When it automatically moves from the starting point I have set, I lose some of that effect. NOW, I have the new Air 2S. With this hooked up to the Smart Controller, the pano starts where I set the camera. I love this as it can add a lot to an image... i.e. in these examples, more clouds or more coral reef, etc. SO, my question is, is this a new thing? Or is there a setting somewhere I had been missing to be able to manually set a pano start point? Like is there an auto pano mode vs some kind of manual pano start setting? Any input appreciated. Maybe the Air 2S just isn't working right but I like it. As you can see in the attached images, the image is not centered but weighted towards the bottom. Doing this you can also get more sky if the sky is awesome.

DJI_0706.jpgDJI_0819.jpgMarina.jpg

Last edited:
So can this be achieved on the M2P? Anyone?

I seem to have stumped the forum. Well, I like the fact that it does this, especially for verticals. But I have not found any setting that I have made that ensures it will keep the start point where I set it. It is just doing it, which is how it should be in the first place.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S