DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

panorama stitching

Have you tried Photoshop or Lightroom? I just stitched 21 images from a recent shoot and it took less than 5 minutes.
1. In Photoshop, open your images in ACR (Adobe Camera RAW).
2. CTRL+A. (select all)
3. RIGHT click on any of the images-brings up menu with "Merge to Panorama" in the drop down menu
4. Let the merge occur
5. Next dialogue box- use Boundary Warp slider to fill frame
6. Once filled save it and you Can then edit it to your liking.

The images below should be followed in reversed order( e.g.: right to left-start with right image first).

Hope this helps.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 153684View attachment 153685View attachment 153686View attachment 153687View attachment 153688
I wish this worked for me. All my 360 panos using the dog files in photoshop never render properly. My horizons are a lazy u shape. I do have great results using the DJI compiled jpegs. at least the horizon is proper.

• Wow
Reactions: danwnz
Am I correct in understanding that there's no way to register it to remove the watermark it places on images?
You can register it for free.. than its the full version. 4.4.2

You can register it for free.. than its the full version. 4.4.2
Just getting back to this after a while.

How do you go about registering? The links in the program registration panel are dead.

Thanks.

Just getting back to this after a while.

How do you go about registering? The links in the program registration panel are dead.

Thanks.
Just answered my own question. The software is available and free. Instructions here:

Just answered my own question. The software is available and free. Instructions here:

I am fascinated by this but afraid to download the software. Has anyone tried it yet?

I am fascinated by this but afraid to download the software. Has anyone tried it yet?
I've been using it for years.
It's probably the best pano stitching software available.

I installed Autopano Giga earlier today and tinkered with it a bit. It's an amazing piece of software, especially when the cost is considered. I managed to stump it with a 360 pano I shot this morning with a lot of water in the foreground. (Planar projection below.) It ignores the three images that lack adequate detail to allow them to be easily aligned. I found a download of the manual and I suspect there's a way to work around this.

Oddly enough, the Microsoft Image Composite Editor (also no longer actively supported and free) stitched the foreground correctly but failed on the horizon.

pano.fault.026.20230729.jpg

Last edited:
I installed it earlier today and tinkered with it a bit. It's an amazing piece of software, especially when the cost is considered. I managed to stump it with a 360 pano I shot this morning with a lot of water in the foreground. (Planar projection below.) It ignores the three images that lack adequate detail to allow them to be easily aligned. I found a download of the manual and I suspect there's a way to work around this.

View attachment 166530
Looks good so far. Now you have to crop it, and of course, remove the black portion in the lower right hand corner. If you have the latest version of Photoshop you could use the Remove tool , or Content Aware Fill (as I did here).

Dale
Miami
Panorama.jpg

Microsoft Image Composite Editor (also no longer actively supported and free) stitched the foreground correctly but failed on the horizon.
Sea horizons, are frequently a problem for Microsoft ICE.

Looks good so far. Now you have to crop it, and of course, remove the black portion in the lower right hand corner. If you have the latest version of Photoshop you could use the Remove tool , or Content Aware Fill (as I did here).

Dale
Miami
View attachment 166531

That's a good argument for an upgrade to Photoshop. I'm still running CS5. This image looks like like a good application for Content Aware Fill, with the relatively amorphous water surface. Care to give it a shot on the full-sized file?

That's a good argument for an upgrade to Photoshop. I'm still running CS5. This image looks like like a good application for Content Aware Fill, with the relatively amorphous water surface. Care to give it a shot on the full-sized file?
Sure- just send it ,if this forum will allow. There is a 3 MB limit, I think.

that's the problem we are trying to solve with Panovolo - combine the information that drone provides with control points from images for for robust panorama stitching. A tough problem to solve for sure, but we are making progress and a beta is available (windows only for now), if you are interested to try and provide feedback.

Reactions: Poogan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242