DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Panoramic, cold sunset

KingRat

Reactions
I wanted to see how the Air mk1 handles strong winds. The ridge had a very strong updraught - lean against it strong. I was a little dubious but plucked up the courage to try it. I was very surprised how well the little drone coped, I was able to hand catch it each time easily enough.
Many times I tried to shoot the message popped up that the drone was incapable of taking a panoramic for too strong a wind... but it got this one. It was so cold I had to pack up, my fingers froze and I had to ask some walkers to help me put the drone away - I couldn't fold it up. Came home with more experience and one nice shot.DJI_0493.jpg

Very nice, love these types of panos. Is this really part of England?

Thanks for taking the time to post and share this. Its one of those photos that pulls the viewer into it.

Very nice, love these types of panos. Is this really part of England?

Thanks for taking the time to post and share this. Its one of those photos that pulls the viewer into it.
Thank you very much, both of you, yes it is part of the Staffordshire Moorlands, about 15 miles from Stoke-on-Trent, famous for pottery (Wedgewood, Spode, Port merion, Aynesley, to name just a few). It is a rocky ridge called The Roaches. It is actually a red zone for flying - such that it wouldn't let me file a flight report before take off. So you take off at high risk. It adjoins a military area and is close to Manchester airport (20 miles?) hence why I stayed close and not too high.

Thanks for the additional info. Since travel is out of the question right now photo's like this give us (me) a way to see places we may never have been able to see. Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan