DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pano's not stitching in drone like MA2

spsphotos

Reactions
Took my new Mini 2 out for a more robust run today at local park. Did a few passes with video over the little pond, took it up 200ft, took some AEB shots, even did a couple quickshots. Worked fine, just like my MA2 for most part. (though it did get kinda wierd when I did a speedy sudden turn and kind of did dance as if it was having issues stablizing).

Anyway, I did a couple pano's and a 360 as well. When I got home and dumped the card, the pano images were there, but it did not stitch them. The MA2 produces one automatically. I'm assuming it's just something the left out to lesson the power usage? Anyone else see this?

The stitching on the Mini 2 is done in the DJI Fly app under the album. The copy you get on the SD card needs to be stitched with a separate program, it's not auto-stitched, and likely another corner cut to keep it from being the same thing as the MA2 least in software.

But yea, it was never a feature to do so within the drone (Mini 2).

Ok, thanks. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. I see that it created a folder for each pano, which is very helpful at least. :). Got this so far...not bad for such a small drone. I stitched it in LR using spherical (perspective warped the bottom too much and then used the Transform tools in PS to warp the bowed horizon line. I'm happy. :)

SchenectadyNiskySkyline.jpg

Reactions: ff22
Ok, thanks. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. I see that it created a folder for each pano, which is very helpful at least. :). Got this so far...not bad for such a small drone. I stitched it in LR using spherical (perspective warped the bottom too much and then used the Transform tools in PS to warp the bowed horizon line. I'm happy. :)

View attachment 117634
Yep, Spherical is the way to go for the most part with the way the automatic panoramic capture mode works. Perspective may work a little better if you have a crop in mind (ie: not intending on using the entire captured area).

The result above are rather nice, very little distortion. With the raw files you can typically merge all the DNG frames together into a single raw DNG panoramic file allowing for some tweaks, but with the way ACR/LR/PS is handling the DNG the stitch won't end up as good as just using the jpeg files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest