DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Parrot Bebop 2

Kossnen

Reactions
I have a Mavic and love it. I loved it so much that I have been trying to find a toy-grade drone for the boy to fly along with me. However, nothing I could find was decent. The closest was the Hubsan x4 Desire. This fell a bit short. I got lucky, I found a Parrot Bebop 2 for $100. Score! Of course, no remote. I set up a ps4 controller and currently am trying to use a wifi booster (as a million youtube tutorials have done).

I started having major problems with it while using an S4 (leading to a crash). With my Galaxy S7, it seems to be find for the most part.

I had problems connecting once I put a password on the drone's wifi (through the official freeflight app). While flying, I suddenly lost control about 30ft up. It hovered in place. I waited underneath till it ran out of battery. Too bad my reaction time is worthless. Nothing JB weld couldn't fix.

The live feed was still working. However, no buttons would work on the phone (be it the stop recording button, rate switch button, or movement controls). When I disconnected the wifi and tried to reconnect, it wouldn't (I believe this was due to the wifi password I was trying to use for the wifi booster). After the set 15 seconds of being disconnected, it didn't return home (it was close to the takeoff position, just up high. It may have already thought it was "home"). I even tried using my S7 to connect and bring it down. It wouldn't connect.

Since then, I have factory reset. The wifi password is off and my S7 can disconnect and reconnect mid-flight with no problems. I still get the "freezing" on the S4. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if that helps later on. This could just be due to an inferior phone (even though the app is stated to work on said phone).

One last minor problem is that, when hooking up a ps4 controller to it, the J1 (right stick) won't control the altitude or yaw as it is set. When trying to remap the button, the J1 won't set (I can set the left stick for those controls no problem). It seemed to work earlier, and I tried with two other controllers. The right stick also works when using it on my phone for other things (I'm fairly confident the controller isn't defective).

Right after I found this one for fairly cheap, I saw another on Ebay for $120 which included the goggles, an extra battery, and the remote. I should have bought and just took the lashes from the girlfriend.

Does anyone here have experience with Bebop2s? I feel a bit more at home here and I figured I'd ask before creating a new account on a different, dedicated forum.

Thanks!

Does anyone here have experience with Bebop2s? I feel a bit more at home here and I figured I'd ask before creating a new account on a different, dedicated forum.

I have a BeBop 2. It has been relegated to 'park flying' due to the VERY poor video feed - range and quality are really bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786