DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 -any changes?

Citizen Flier

Reactions
Has Part 107 changed in major ways?
I chose not to apply for Part 107 when I started flying around 2018 as there did not see to be much opportunity for commercial work in my area.
I'm considering Part 107 once again. I would be working as an individual, currently just flying M2Pro.
Just wondering what might have changed in recent years -anything major?
Sorry, I know this is a broad question.

Same here, currently not seeing a huge need for it. But my guess is there may be some advantages in the future when it comes to BVLOS, for example.

Last edited:
Has Part 107 changed in major ways?
I chose not to apply for Part 107 when I started flying around 2018 as there did not see to be much opportunity for commercial work in my area.
I'm considering Part 107 once again. I would be working as an individual, currently just flying M2Pro.
Just wondering what might have changed in recent years -anything major?
Sorry, I know this is a broad question.
I haven't seen any significant chages. There may be new stuff out there, maybe as of today. I wish you the best of luck. Follow someone on some type of social media; that you understand as far as Part 107. Practice for it.
Your drone type is a good drone.

Reactions: Citizen Flier
There have been quite a few changes to the 107 process and rules since 2018. Two of the biggest that impact the way we operate and maintain our certification are;

1). 107s can now operate at night - in 2018 this was not so. The training material now covers those operations

2). Recurrency testing (not the initial), is now free and online where as; if you got your initial done prior to 2017 or so, your first recurrency test cost 150(ish) bucks and you had to take it at a certified testing facility.

There have been other subtle changes but the two above are to my knowledge probably the two most prominent and positive aspects of 107 now vs then. And of course RID is now in place but that does not only effect 107 operations so I only mention it in passing.

Ditto what Ty Pilot said. One other thing I that comes to mind is RID and knowing how/why it works.

Reactions: CadrePilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cubesinfotech