DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about multiple drone registrations (Recreational and Part 107) and how to label my drones

fguthrie

Reactions
Since I recently received my Part 107 certificate, last night I went to the drone zone to update my registration on my two DJI drones (Mavic 2 Pro and Air 2S). The current recreational registrations that I had did not have remote ID attached to them, so I ended up cancelling both of those and creating new ones with the RID serial numbers (I tried editing the drone profiles, but could not change the drone type to add the RID). I then went over to the "Part 107" section and registered my drones there as well and paid the fees.

Now that I am done with that process, I have multiple registrations. One for Recreational and one for Part 107. On the recreational side, there is one registration number for all drones. However, on the part 107 side there is an individual number for each drone.

The question is: What registration number do I place on the outside of my drones? I'm guessing I just use the Part 107 unique numbers - but I'm also wondering if I need to have both numbers on the drones? Or maybe I should cancel the recreational registrations and just use the Part 107 for everything? (This sounds like a test question - lol). Any assistance you can provide would be most helpful, thanks.

Last edited:
Put the 107 numbers given on the drones and leave it at that. You will be legal. If for some reason they say you are violating the recreational registration ( your not) Just take their pic with the drone and ask for 20 bucks if they don't buy it your still doing something under 107 just asking for the cash :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Mrprop365
Put the 107 numbers given on the drones and leave it at that. You will be legal. If for some reason they say you are violating the recreational registration ( your not) Just take their pic with the drone and ask for 20 bucks if they don't buy it your still doing something under 107 just asking for the cash :cool:
🤣 Great idea! Thanks!

Reactions: Cafguy
Just to avoid confusion for other readers, the FAA registration number is placed on the exterior of a drone. The serial number is set by the manufacturer and located elsewhere.

Since I believe part 107 drone pilots are allowed to fly under both part 107 and recreational for fun, it stands to reason the part 107 registration number can be used for both commercial and non-commercial activities. The drone has to be registered but a valid registration doesn't have to find a home on a drone so you can probably safely abandon or cancel your recreational registration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ifish4bass