Join Us Now

Part 107 Exam Question

texasgrape

Reactions
I was asked who I must present my UAS license to when asked; the choices were:
1 Any federal state or local law enforcement officer
2 FAA
3 (can't remember the third)

I chose #1 and got it wrong; I have been looking for days for the answer so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I think the answer is both 1 and 2. and they don't include the FAA as federal law enforcement which is why selecting 1 isn't correct. Was choice 3 "Both 1 and 2?"

The FAA UAS FAQ addresses proof of aircraft registration but not specifically Part 107 Certification
  1. Do I always have to have my Certificate of Aircraft Registration with me while flying my UAS?
    Yes. You must have the FAA registration certificate in your possession when operating an unmanned aircraft. The certificate can be available either on paper or electronically.

If another person operates your UAS, they must have the UAS registration certificate in their possession. You can give them a paper copy or email a copy to them.

Federal law requires UAS operators who are required to register (those not flying exclusively under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft) to show the certificate of registration to any Federal, State, or local law enforcement officer if asked. You can show it electronically or show the printed certificate.

The boiler plate language in every COA I've received states the following:

This certificate shall be presented to inspection upon the request of any authorized representative of the Federal Aviation Administration, or of any State or municipal official charged with the duty of enforcing local laws or regulations.

The question was for Remote Pilot Certificate and who I am required to present it to upon their request; I found this (below) the other day in Part 61 for pilots but even it states law enforcement officers to which is what I answered; Also there was not an answer combining two of the answers; the answers were law enforcement officials and FAA and I cannot remember the third answer--oh well--just puzzling for me;

(l)Inspection of certificate. Each person who holds an airman certificate, medical certificate, documents establishing alternative medical qualification under part 68 of this chapter, authorization, or license required by this part must present it and their photo identification as described in paragraph (a)(2) of this section for inspection upon a request from:

(1) The Administrator;

(2) An authorized representative of the National Transportation Safety Board;

(3) Any Federal, State, or local law enforcement officer; or

(4) An authorized representative of the Transportation Security Administration.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock