DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 pilots by state

ballerhe75

Reactions
Just passing this on.

Thank you. I found Figure 5 - Top 15 Counties really interesting. It makes me wonder what drives that density of pilots in those specific counties.

Thank you. I found Figure 5 - Top 15 Counties really interesting. It makes me wonder what drives that density of pilots in those specific counties.

One of those counties is Wake County NC. While comparing to the majority of the counties on that list Wake is near the bottom it's a very high ranking county in many other respects. At one point if was the 9th fastest growing county in the USA. Within Wake County (at least a portion of it) is what's known as the Research Triangle. In that small area we have 3 large and significant Universities majoring in Research & Technology. In addition to those Universities, there are MANY Technology businesses in that area. I'd say that has a LOT to do with why Wake County is even in the top 15 in the country for Licensed sUAS operators.

Possibly opportunity. My state is in the low end of count - Arkansas. I suspect the county is in the top 5 of the state though.
Arkansas is fairly tolerable toward drones, in part because the states population is only 3M, so we have a lot of undeveloped property.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580