DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 training course recommendation 2021?

Dbez1

107 Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
So, I checked all the previous threads on this subject and they are not particularly current. My needs are also somewhat specific as I’m not as sharp as I used to be and I have no intention of making money flying. I just want to legally shoot drone video for our church which requires 107. I am looking for a course that will help me pass my 107 without more information than I really need. It also has to be interesting and doable in a relatively short amount of time. I already have hundreds of recreational hours logged on my drones without any crashes or incidents, so I don’t need flight training. Thanks in advance.

(2021) 4hr FAA Part 107 Knowledge Test Prep for Drone Pilots

I did this course back in June and it certainly helped my get my 107. I highly recommend it. It was one of the shortest and cheapest out there. If I didn't do this course I would have done the one offered by Pilot Institute. Pilot Institute has the BEST overall program out there and they are heavily involved in the industry.

Regardless, you will spend a significant amount of time learning (or memorizing) information that doesn't seem to directly apply to everyday use of your drone. That's just the way it is and you will get out of it what you put into it.

The attitude of "I don't need training because I have "x" time flying" is actually a topic and is examined quite often. Look for Aeronautical Decision-Making (ADM).

So, I checked all the previous threads on this subject and they are not particularly current. My needs are also somewhat specific as I’m not as sharp as I used to be and I have no intention of making money flying. I just want to legally shoot drone video for our church which requires 107. I am looking for a course that will help me pass my 107 without more information than I really need. It also has to be interesting and doable in a relatively short amount of time. I already have hundreds of recreational hours logged on my drones without any crashes or incidents, so I don’t need flight training. Thanks in advance.
Our course likely isn't for you if you're looking for the bare minimum. We prefer an approach to teach proficiency rather than just enough to pass the test. The course is 15 hours long while most other courses are 3-6 hours. Find a course that works for you, your learning style and your learning goals. Best of luck.

Our course likely isn't for you if you're looking for the bare minimum. We prefer an approach to teach proficiency rather than just enough to pass the test. The course is 15 hours long while most other courses are 3-6 hours. Find a course that works for you, your learning style and your learning goals. Best of luck.
Thanks, my previous post seems to suggest that yours is a quick course and that was not my intention. I should have been clearer.

I used Sporty's Remote Pilot Test Prep. Cost is $19.99. Also bought the $8.00 FAA Supplement which is a book with large airspace images. About 4 hours of study and passed wit 91%.

Reactions: Hank S.
I really enjoyed the certification course and all the other courses offered by Pilot Institute. It thoroughly prepares you for the test.

Are you sure, I've been watching video's for like what feels like 4 hours and it says I've done 8%

Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
Are you sure, I've been watching video's for like what feels like 4 hours and it says I've done 8%
It is definitely 15 hours long :) Time flies when you have fun so maybe you've done less than you think haha But in all seriousness, the percentage of course completion is based on lectures completed and not time completed.

• Haha
Reactions: BSauce955
If you are referring to the book, it is not free anywhere I've seen
In hardcopy, no. In pdf, yes.

Hardcopy is so 2008. :) Though, yes, on the real exam you will get a hardcopy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nordrand