DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Partial flight log

The_Gregors

Reactions
I was flying only my second flight with the Mavic 3 / RC Pro, the flight lasted about 11 minutes. Later I looked on AirData and the flight synced, but only showed 2+ minutes of flight time. Looking at the details, the last entry was when I switched into Sport mode, the logs don’t show the rest of the flight or landing. I am thinking maybe I shut off the RC Pro as it was uploading the flight to DJI cloud. Looking at the RC Pro Flight App, I show the full 11 minute flight and the GPS map matches the full flight, but looking at the Flight App in my iPhone only shows the 2+ minute log. Any suggestions on how to force a sync to the cloud of the flight log? Cheers.

Brief update, I deleted the flight in AirData, no change, but since the flight was not on my other phone, I assumed this would not work. I flew the drone again, just to cause a sync, but the missing log was still missing. I manually went into the RC Pro, copied the flight log.txt file to the sd card, then manually added this .txt file to AirData. This worked, but I am wondering what caused the partial flight log to begin with.

If your controller has an internet connection, it’s possible for flight data to be uploaded to DJI’s server and then for Airdata to get the file before the flight has completed. To get around this turn off flight syncing with DJI: Profile: Settings : Sync Flight Data

When you’re ready to sync with Airdata, turn it back on — or leave DJI sync off and download the Airdata app. It will automatically sync all new flights each time it’s open.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I agree with oztx. I experience the same when flying from home. Phone has wifi connection and I get partial log sync.
Turning the auto sync off and then manually syncing after the flight seems to do the trick.
To update the bad logs, download the flight logs from your phone and manually upload to AirData. You will be able to tell which ones were updated. You'll see two logs in AirData with the same date and time. One should be the auto sync'd short log and the other will be the whole flight. Just delete the bad one and you should be good to go.
Air data confirmed this on iPhone. I have an Android and have tested with auto sync on and off and I believe the issue impacts Androids as well.

Reactions: The_Gregors
If your controller has an internet connection, it’s possible for flight data to be uploaded to DJI’s server and then for Airdata to get the file before the flight has completed. To get around this turn off flight syncing with DJI: Profile: Settings : Sync Flight Data

When you’re ready to sync with Airdata, turn it back on — or leave DJI sync off and download the Airdata app. It will automatically sync all new flights each time it’s open.
Yes this is what is happening...It's a pain but you need to turn off synching before your flight,.

Brief update, I deleted the flight in AirData, no change, but since the flight was not on my other phone, I assumed this would not work. I flew the drone again, just to cause a sync, but the missing log was still missing. I manually went into the RC Pro, copied the flight log.txt file to the sd card, then manually added this .txt file to AirData. This worked, but I am wondering what caused the partial flight log to begin with.
No need to copy the file to any micro SD card. Best way to upload the flight log.txt to Airdata is using the Firefox browser on the RC-Pro to log into Airdata, and manually upload the completed flight log from there, which will always be the last file in the log directory on the RC-Pro. Do that immediately after the flight. No partial sync issues, and the flight log is already complete in its original form.

Reactions: The_Gregors
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO